Complete diet feed for rooster and laying hen

Layer feed has extra calcium for actively laying hens. All flock, flock raiser, and grower are all pretty similar; no extra calcium and higher protein levels. There are small differences between them, but I don’t know what they are exactly. I feed flock raiser to my hens.
So would you recommend flock raiser for my rooster and pullet and then put out some oyster shells for my pullet only? Since too much calcium could be bad for my rooster? Are there any supplements or probiotics that can be beneficial to both?

So sorry for the tons of questions, just want to make sure I’m setting them up for a happy and healthy life ❤️

So would you recommend flock raiser for my rooster and pullet and then put out some oyster shells for my pullet only? Since too much calcium could be bad for my rooster? Are there any supplements or probiotics that can be beneficial to both?
Not knowing your other options. Yes. Any additional supplements/biotics should not be needed with any quality feed.

So sorry for the tons of questions, just want to make sure I’m setting them up for a happy and healthy life ❤️
You should check out your local feed store and see what they have and what is most available of their low-calcium options. Leave the oyster shell out, the rooster won’t eat enough to harm himself.

Not knowing your other options. Yes. Any additional supplements/biotics should not be needed with any quality feed.
So I went over to Midway City Feed Store in Midway City, CA and picked up a few things. I purchased oyster shells for my hen, grit for both of them and flock raiser crumbles for both of them as a primary feed. The guy at the feed store recommended mixing some of the grit into the feed. How did I do?

Attachments

• IMG_5286.jpeg
    IMG_5286.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 5
You should check out your local feed store and see what they have and what is most available of their low-calcium options. Leave the oyster shell out, the rooster won’t eat enough to harm himself.
So I went over to Midway City Feed Store in Midway City, CA and picked up a few things. I purchased oyster shells for my hen, grit for both of them and flock raiser crumbles for both of them as a primary feed. The guy at the feed store recommended mixing some of the grit into the feed. How did I do?

Attachments

• IMG_5286.jpeg
    IMG_5286.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 5
Sounds good. I recommend serving oyster and/or grit free choice in separate dishes. Now that you made it this far, do you know reading the mill date?

Most do a five digit Julian on the bottom bag seal. First two digits for year and three digits for the day number. Ex. 23001 = Jan 1, 2023. Others will use Gregorian on the bottom seal or tag. I like to buy with intention of using all within three months of mill date.

Most do a five digit Julian on the bottom bag seal. First two digits for year and three digits for the day number. Ex. 23001 = Jan 1, 2023. Others will use Gregorian on the bottom seal or tag. I like to buy with intention of using all within three months of mill date.
Is that what this is?

Attachments

• IMG_5287.jpeg
    IMG_5287.jpeg
    594.4 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom