Complete diet feed for rooster and laying hen

dottie15

Chirping
May 18, 2022
Hi everyone! I have a rooster who just turned a year, Dottie, and a hen, Lola, who is 8 months or so. I’m looking for suggestions on a complete rooster feed for Dottie and also a separate feed for Lola. Lola is laying already, not a lot, but she’s laid about 15 eggs in the last 2 months or so. Besides the cracked corn that they snack on and a crumble, I also like to give them small treats like blueberries, strawberries and walnuts. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5226.jpeg
    IMG_5226.jpeg
    616.3 KB · Views: 929
  • IMG_9264.jpeg
    IMG_9264.jpeg
    958.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9257.jpeg
    IMG_9257.jpeg
    595.3 KB · Views: 7
I used to feed Flock Raiser with good results.
You just put the oyster shell out. The rooster will check it out and eat some initially but will lose interest. The pullet will continue to eat what she needs. Just make sure there are always oyster shell chunks in the dispenser and not just dust.

What is the difference between all flock, flock raiser, layer feed and grower feed?
Layer feed has extra calcium for actively laying hens. All flock, flock raiser, and grower are all pretty similar; no extra calcium and higher protein levels. There are small differences between them, but I don’t know what they are exactly. I feed flock raiser to my hens.

Back
Top Bottom