Concrete duck pond construction

U might want to buy a couple of bags of sand and gravel because all that mud can really make your birds sick. Trust me you don't want that happening because if one gets sick sometimes that all get sick

I would like to make a smaller pond for arnd. 6-10 duck/geese. How much area would I need for one, so I could do the math. I liked the idea for the cement pond until I read about it getting them sick. Why? I was just thinking of a very small water fall and the pool. Nothing fancy except some tall grass extra. Any thoughs on this idea! It doesn't have to be big as I don't have power epuip. Like his, but a back and shovel's. I have 2 Pekin and a fewsebatopol's at this min. Hoping for more sebies shortly.:D

I have had a pair of wild ducks on there for more then 3 years and they have been living in the mud for 2 months almost

Miss do you think I will have problems with my new ducks and the mud I have never had problems before but now I am un sure

Yes maybe but mosquitoes will lay there eggs in the little areas of water if there's mud I just wouldn't advise it

Do your covys help w/ the mosquitoes? I have been told to get some for the geese droppings.
Tack-that is some project you are doing! I wish I could add that to my todo list but it's more than my property could hold. Best of luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom