Confirming pheasants lockdown

I have no idea. I bartered the pheasant eggs for chicken. Will send you pictures when they hatch.

So what do you do then? Leave them on the turner?
For mine, I incubate around 45% RH for first 21 days. I remove the turner at day 21 and raise humidity to 65% by the first external PIP or day 23. If only a few eggs, and concerned, you can candle to look for internal pip.

Lockdown is a myth I've never bothered with it and my hatch rates are great.
I have to agree with you! I hate that term "lockdown" sounds like jail/prison. :lol:
It just happens to be a 'phase' in the incubation period.
I don't practice it but if they are actually hatching when I look into the bator I don't open it up...if they have pipped, I will if something is outta wack, like low humidity, to add water. It hasn't hurt my hatch rates either! :jumpyI don't even candle as much anymore....I know what's taking place in the bator.

I have no idea. I bartered the pheasant eggs for chicken. Will send you pictures when they hatch.

So what do you do then? Leave them on the turner?
I actually do leave mine in the turner, the turner is off but sometimes I have had the turner still operating when they hatched. Only problem that occurs with doing this is if I'm hatching button quail, they will occasionally get caught between the rails(in a head lock) I tend to have better hatch rates when they hatch in a vertical position, rather then a horizontal one.

Ok, nothing hatched this time. Not even one (out of 13 eggs). The eggs were fertile and developing, I didn't candle at lockdown so I don't know at what stage the embrios died. It is very possible that the incubator messed up the temperature, as it was a brand new one and I assumed the factory settings are ok and didn't check with external thermometer. I am not planning to open the eggs, will wait for another day and then throw them away. And the search for pheasant eggs begins again... (This will be my 4th time).

Back
Top Bottom