Congratulations Blackberry

Good for you Blackberry!!!
hugs.gif
Isn't it just so egg-citing? Enjoy those eggs!!
ya.gif

forrestacres wrote:

Congrats! Superb looking egg. We are expecting our first egg(s) any day now. Our flock is at 19 weeks.
Had to have a chuckle at this one.. "any day now". I've been thinking that for 3 or 4 weeks now. Saturday will be 23 weeks for my 4 EE's and 2 BR's.

Me, too! I got mine the week of April 21st. Nothing so far! Two BR, two Ee's and 2 wyandottes. I would say one BR is just about there and one Wyandotte. The waiting is driving me crazy! Good to know I'm not the only one. Oh yeah, my BR is named blackberry, too!

Congrats on the egg! My 8 are 23 weeks now and only one br is laying. Noname has only a small comb and wattles and really is only average compared to her sisters (br and wy) but she has been laying faithfully for almost 2 weeks now. I keep showing the others her eggs so they know what I expect from them but they are ignoring me!!! So, the wait continues. By the way, the first eggs are the tastiest. Nothing like a $1,000 omlete!!!

Congrats! Beautiful eggs and most certainly beautiful chickens! I woke this morning to my second egg (the other was the day before yesterday.) It is SO exciting. I am still amazed just how exciting an egg can be. I mean we all have been seeing the things since we were kids - but it is so different this way. Pretty special.

Thanks everyone...

GOT #2 JUST NOW!!!!!! So exciting.
It looks exactly like the first one but I'm not sure of the momma. No one was sitting on it.
Does each hen lay a distinctive color and size egg? Should I assume it's from Blackberry just like yesterday's?
In any case I gave them all some grapes as a reward and they devoured them on the spot.

Back
Top Bottom