Connecticut!

Eric, You'll be really happy with a Barred rock rooster! They are so handsome, I'd love one for my girls someday. When I have more space I'd like to hatch some chickies. I can't wait to see pictures of your speckeled sussex I would love some of those too. My chicken wish list is endless.
Toni, I go to Danbury all the time, usually for Borders though ( I have a little bit of a book problem) but occasionaly Stew's. It's about 40 minutes for me but still the closest city. I'm really close to the New York border near Millerton and Amenia. I looked at your eggs....very pretty!
Mike, So are you not allowed to have chickens in your town or do you just not have any now?
smile.png
JEN

Well this is the second time around with chickens, for us. I live in a wooded area and got tired of the ticks. We split an order of a mix group of chickens (the hatchery called the "egg layers"). Then we rescused a rooster from a someone in Lebanon, Connecticut and then rescused some more here in East Hampton. We have:
Rhode Island Reds
Red Sex Links
Easter Eggers
One Leghorn
One Choc. egg layer ( not sure of its really name)
one silkie
some batam crosses
frizzles
turkens (naked necks)

one easter egg rooster
one turken rooster

two guinies (I hate them but my Husband loves them)

I also have some chickens that I don't know what they are. We have 30 - 40 total birds

The local school is going to use my birds as a science lesson in the spring. They will talk about the cycle of the chickens life and the use my incubator and hatch out some of my bird's eggs.

Rachel

i can have Pullets only no roosters and I'm supposed to have 5 acres to have any farm animals
roll.png
the town manager don't care he has a few horses on one acre while i have 17 ducks one one acre they love the brook

Last edited:
Hi
I'm new.. I'm just over the Massachusetts border in Holland. we just got chickens in May of last year.
3 buff Orpingtons
2 black australorps
1 white leghorn
and rescued in the fall
4 partridge rocks
1 white leghorn
1 white orpington maybe
1 cornish
1 nice mixed rooster

does anyone up here have the real Ameraucanas?
hmm.png

Hi everyone
big_smile.png
! I live in Oakdale, CT. Not sure if anyone has heard of it, it's kinda a small town. I have buff orpingtons, arucaunas, silkies(partridge, white, black, splash, and buff), a polish roo, and I have 18 eggs in the incubator now that are due to hatch next thursday, in the incubator I have Black Austrlorps, Buff Orpingtons, Partridge Plymouth Rocks, Dominique, Delewear, and Golden Laced Wyandottes, I hoping to get a little of each.

perfectly-polish,
I've been to Oakdale many times. Welcome! By the way, where do you get your hatching eggs from?

Quote:
Hi! I get my eggs from Davido on ebay.com and sometimes I get them on eggbid.com. The eggs in my incubator now I got from Davido on ebay, he has like 10 different types of chickens and if you e-mail him he can make an assortment of eggs for you of different breeds. Hopefully when my polish roo gets better I'll be hatching and selling my own eggs
big_smile.png
!

Back
Top Bottom