Connecticut!

i just bought a brinsea mini advanced incubator if anyone has any suggesting for the settings that would increase hatch rate that would be great thanks! 

I set the temp at 99.5 and use the auto turn once an hour until lock
down. I found I get better hatch rate if I run it dry until lock down too.

Are you candling? Do you see growth at 7 days? If not,
perhaps you're dealing with infertility instead of incubator problems.

Last edited:
HELP!
first off thank you for the responses
my bantam chick of about 4 months is having trouble walking! I'm not sure if her leg is broken or dislocated and is it is broken I'm not sure where! originally i thought it to be broken at the knee because when she walks her leg slides off to the side and she wobbles a bit. i put a splint on it but now she can't bend her leg an I'm not even sure if its broken! help!

Last edited:
HELP!
first off thank you for the responses
my bantam chick of about 4 months is having trouble walking! I'm not sure if her leg is broken or dislocated and is it is broken I'm not sure where! originally i thought it to be broken at the knee because when she walks her leg slides off to the side and she wobbles a bit. i put a splint on it but now she can't bend her leg an I'm not even sure if its broken! help!

Did you figure out what is wrong with your bird?

You should feel the leg, if it is broken you will feel the break.

Currently a breeder is selling Jubilee Orpington pullets on Craigslist for $30 each. As of last night, I still saw the ad listed. I just got 3 of them for my flock and all seem to be very healthy so far. He was located in Hamden. Hope this helps. :)

Hi all,

I know its kinda late in the year but I figured I would still ask.  I live in the new haven county area (can drive to pick them up) and was wondering if anyone has any buff orp/barred rock/rir or other brown egg layer chicks (females) for sale or knew of a breeder that might.

Thanks!

Currently a breeder is selling Jubilee Orpington pullets on Craigslist for $30 each. As of last night, I still saw the ad listed. I just got 3 of them for my flock and all seem to be very healthy so far. He was located in Hamden. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom