Connecticut!

Reminder to check your waterers. Temp will be in the single digits!!! I have a tin bulb heater that is home made and it failed. My waterer was frozen solid!
barnie.gif

Hi all! I'm a new chicken mama here in Orange. Just picked up 9 chickens that were being fostered. 4 Buff Orpingtons and 5 ameraucanas. Water was frozen this morning (to be expected)...now many of you leave water in the coop overnight? How often do you feed them and do all of you have covered runs? Ours is uncovered and I'm terrified of hawks or Turkey vultures getting them when I go to work.
[/IMG]

Hi all! I'm a new chicken mama here in Orange. Just picked up 9 chickens that were being fostered. 4 Buff Orpingtons and 5 ameraucanas. Water was frozen this morning (to be expected)...now many of you leave water in the coop overnight? How often do you feed them and do all of you have covered runs? Ours is uncovered and I'm terrified of hawks or Turkey vultures getting them when I go to work.
[/IMG]

Hi congrats on the new chickens!

I live near Milford ct. Our chicken run is covered with hardware cloth so we don't have to worry about Hawks or other predators. I don't personally leave water in the coop (but they have free access to the run all day. They have access to a large amount of food all day (free access to a food container that has 5-10lbs of food in it). I have 6 pullets.

Hope that helped!

Hi, congratulations on your new chickens! I am close to you, only in Milford. I do not keep water in my chickens coop over night. They have free access to food and water in their run all day and I also give them free range time. I do cover the run with greenhouse plastic in the winter for added warmth. Hope this helps. :)

Does anyone know where I can get doe laying hens or pullets near New Milford? I love my cochins but I am just not getting enough eggs from them.

Hi every one I'm in Southbury. I'm new at raising chicken I built a coop this fall ready for birds this spring I plan on getting 8 birds 2 Bard rock 2 Wyandotte 2 Buff Orpington and 2 New Hampshire Red.

Hi every one I'm in Southbury. I'm new at raising chicken I built a coop this fall ready for birds this spring I plan on getting 8 birds 2 Bard rock 2 Wyandotte 2 Buff Orpington and 2 New Hampshire Red.
Welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif

I spend most of my time over on the Duck Forum. Enjoy those littles!!!! I have received so much help through this site.

Does anyone know where I can get some young ducklings asap? I have a day-old Mallard single hatchling that needs some company desperately. Willing to consider other breeds and will drive to pick up most anywhere in New England. Please let me know if you know of any options.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom