Connecticut!

Yup saw that to, way to pricey for me.

Also tried a few other leads. I had to order them from Ebay I hope they are ok in this weather. It is crazy it is cheaper for me to buy live chicks from my local feed store in torrington then to buy eggs.

I might just end up going to TSC (New Milford) as they just got their chicks in today.

Just be careful. It's my experience that the people who work there don't know the difference between straight run or not. I've heard them tell people that meant all girls and I couldn't help but think that allot of people ended up surprised later.
Yup saw that to, way to pricey for me.

Also tried a few other leads. I had to order them from Ebay I hope they are ok in this weather. It is crazy it is cheaper for me to buy live chicks from my local feed store in torrington then to buy eggs.

I might just end up going to TSC (New Milford) as they just got their chicks in today.

To me it does not make any difference as right now I am just getting meat birds. From what I heard on the meat birds the roos get bigger anyway

I just wanted some eggs to hatch I thought it would be fun. maybe this summer I can get some

Does the breed of chicken matter to you? How many eggs are you looking to incubate? I'm considering selling some of my fertile eggs. They are from a Red Star Hen and a Black Copper Maran/Ameraucana mix Roo. I just hatched 10 chicks from my homemade incubator, 4 of which were from my own stock. I had a 100% hatch rate from my own eggs. The hatch rate from the shipped eggs was not so good.

If you are going to hatch your own eggs and can get them locally, DEFINITELY get them locally. Wish I would have waited but seemed like no one locally had the breeds that I was looking for at the time I wanted them.

I'm in Bethany, CT. If you are interested let me know and I'm sure we could work things out. If not, I wish you best of luck with your search.

Let us know how you make out.

-Robert

To me it does not make any difference as right now I am just getting meat birds. From what I heard on the meat birds the roos get bigger anyway

I just wanted some eggs to hatch I thought it would be fun. maybe this summer I can get some

I am in Newtown... pretty close to you and would let you have some eggs to hatch as well... I have a small mixed flock of marans, partridge rock, barneveldor and easter eggers. There is also one oddball... a RIR type roo that was supposed to be a partridge rck pullet... oopsey, fooled again... so its really a potpourri of birds right now but if you don't care about the breed then these would be fun. I'm in the process of culling everything but the marans and the easter eggers.

Hi folks! Everyone ready for Spring yet???

I am currently hatching out chicks is anyone in CT looking for anything special? I have 10 popping like popcorn as we speak. Also I have a free grey pet quality silkie rooster if anyone wants him let me know.

Also, coming up in April is the CT Poultry Breeders Society Show. Please mark your calenders to stop by.

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom