Connecticut!

I live in Clinton. So happy TSC is now open. Already went to do some shopping. I have a mixture of Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rock, Araucanas and a few other girls that were given to us. We have 2 clutches from 2 different hatches using our incubator. Would be happy to chat with some locals.

I'm in Clinton as well, I have silkies and Cochins. How is OS TSC? I'm hoping to make it there tomorrow.

I love the look of buff brahmas but my ocd won't allow me to have feather footed birds.
How on earth to they stay clean? :confused:

Believe it or not they stay just as clean as non feather breeds,I have a buff and a light brahma plus a golden laced Cochin and there very clean even in wet weather.I thought the same thing when they were chicks and wasn't sure if there would be a problem with there feet and legs but pleasantly surprised!

I too find that they stay clean. I think as long as you keep your coop reasonably clean, they're fine.

I live in Clinton. So happy TSC is now open. Already went to do some shopping. I have a mixture of Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rock, Araucanas and a few other girls that were given to us. We have 2 clutches from 2 different hatches using our incubator. Would be happy to chat with some locals.

I live in Clinton too!! We have to get together! I'm on ironworks road...I'll be back next weekend from vaca text me 860-575-4301

Morning everyone!! I am on St Johns for the first time and it's like living in the wild kingdom! I am very unhappy with a particular rooster that has had me up since 1 am!!! Chickens here run wild in the streets and seme
to have no predators.....not even the wild dogs.

@chicNlove - I'm jealous of the warm weather!! Enjoy :)

Hatch update! I just hatched 10 out of 14 wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas that went into lockdown. It seems like I get better hatch rates this time of year.
I took them out of the bator yesterday. :)

Also an updated pic of my splash ameraucanas that hatched last week:

They are so cute and nice personalities too <3
My next hatch starts 2/20 and staggered hatches through 3/1. Chicks, chicks, and more chicks! I have some rare chickens hatching next. I got some mottled ameraucana eggs! Can't wait to hatch them! I'll post pics when they do.

chicnlove Have a GREAT vacation!!! got your message, email me when it's good for you to come on over:)))

The new TSC is nice, but it's set up the 'opposite" of the other ones around here ! Clothes and such on the left vs the right in the others, I was all messed up!

I'm so mad I had to work yesterday, they had a radio station/giving away hats/shirts/ had a barbeque going..:( I missed it

JAN> CUTE CUTE babies!!!! what are you going to do with all of them? That's my fear if I hatched, I really wanted to try incubating, but I think I 'd keep them all !!!
Diane

Back
Top Bottom