Connecticut!

Does anyone local have an idea where I might look to find some pullets in the Barred Rock and Buff Orpington breed…….or a few breeds to chose from.

Thank you.

As part of a 4-H project, I have six roosters to re-home; three are Cream Legbars ($10 each), and the rest are mixed breed cockerels (free).

They are approximately nine weeks old, except for the Easter Egger who is a little older. They're handled regularly and are very sweet. Two of the mixed breeds are CL x Barnevelder, and CL x Brahma.

I'm in the New Haven area. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. :)

I thought I would give an update on the ducks and geese in Meriden. It's been a month since I last posted on this thread!

Well, bad news. I keep searching "Meriden ducks geese" on my search engine, and I found  two things.

First, there is youtube video someone posted. They used many of my pictures, and also some things I and others have posted here (it mentions this forum at the end). It also has videos of the ducks and geese. There is a graphic video of a dead duck (and pictures of others). It is one of the pekins.

If you are curious, here is a link, but I warn you, there are pics of dead birds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFy-MOCTpqI

(Tell me if the link doesn't work,)

The other thing I discovered were news articles from 2010. A dead white goose was found at the park with "head trauma" and there was a note next it saying it had been killed on purpose. There was a 2,000 dollar reward for finding the one who killed it, but no one was ever found.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? I can't think of anything else. The ducks and geese need to be rescued so urgently.

So sad. Can they be captured and helped or no?

So sad. Can they be captured and helped or no?

If someone is willing and able. They are friendly and most will eat out of your hands. Catching them isn't hard, it's finding a place for them to stay.

I thought I had a home figured out for two of them a couple weeks ago, but it didn't work out. Still working on it though. I will keep at it until there's no more at the park...

and then I'll probably move on to another park and see if they have a problem...
idunno.gif

As part of a 4-H project, I have six roosters to re-home; three are Cream Legbars ($10 each), and the rest are mixed breed cockerels (free).

They are approximately nine weeks old, except for the Easter Egger who is a little older. They're handled regularly and are very sweet. Two of the mixed breeds are CL x Barnevelder, and CL x Brahma.

I'm in the New Haven area. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
smile.png

Sorry, not looking for Roosters, just layers.

Thought I would upload some pictures/info of the Hubbard Park ducks and geese that need homes. Here are some new "profiles" of them.

The color of this muscovy's eye is beautiful, but you can see the foam in it. I wonder what is irritating it- there is no other sign of injury. Sand maybe? He's in the water more often than not. If you give him food his tail starts wagging like a dog.

Here's a male female American Pekin/Long Island pair. The orange billed one is the male, the one with the pale bill is female. She's the one that's always eating trash, but last time I was there, there was a dead (wild) duck floating with the trash and no sign of these two. I thought they were dead at first when I didn't see them and saw that other duck, but as I was getting in the car, I heard quacking and saw these two ducks running across the road to get to me! It was scary, I thought someone would hit them but they crossed it. They remembered me and ate the last of the food I had brought. These ones are very special, if anyone wants a male and female, please consider these duckies. They need to be rescued ASAP. They'll eat out of your hand.

This is a tame drake that will gladly eat out of your hand. He's a silly boy and spends so much of his time chasing mallards away from his food that he never gets to eat! He hangs with the wild birds and hybrids but isn't strongly bonded with any of them. Sometimes he takes nap in the road. He almost got run over the other day because he sleeps right against the curb where people park.
hmm.png
I think he's a Buff Orpington mix.

Will post some pics of the geese and other ducks later. If there is any particular duck/goose that I mentioned earlier that you want to see or know about, just say so.

Hello everyone I have two beautiful French copper morans roosters that I need to find a home for. They are currently 16weeks old. They are free I just want them to find a home.

I got in touch with a beautiful farm in Chester and the woman took my two roo's.

Anyone got good quality Black Orpingtons, black Cochins, or silver laced Wyandotte chicks for sale? Can't find anyone it's all dried up...
sad.png

I have two baby three week old Australorps that I got from mypetchicken. Mereks shot has been administered. They are very cute and healthy!! I only wanted two, but had to order four!

Back
Top Bottom