Connecticut!

Hi All- New here. Looking to
Purchase fertilized Duck Eggs. I live in Plymouth CT. Anyone know of any sellers?
Thx

Well first off WELCOME!
welcome-byc.gif

And secondly, I don't currently have any duck eggs because my girls stopped laying for the winter.
hmm.png
But I'm sure someone else will have some! Also if you can't find eggs, you could get some ducklings. I assume that's what you wanted them for, anyways.
lol.png

Hi All- New here. Looking to
Purchase fertilized Duck Eggs. I live in Plymouth CT. Anyone know of any sellers?
Thx
Hi You did not mention if you have a certain type of duck in mind or what characteristics you are most interested in. It is still a little early. Most ducks are still in their winter break, but soon you will be able to find any kind of eggs you may want. So you may want to do some research on the various breeds of ducks to get an idea of which ones would best meet your needs. An easy way to do it is to go to one of the hatchery websites and read the descriptions of the ducks they offer or the profiles on here.
I will have Welsh Harlequin duck eggs in a couple weeks. They are easily my favorites because of their calm nature. They are known as dual purpose ducks because they are outstanding layers and their white down feathers make them easy to clean. They can also be visually sexed in the first few days after they hatch. I am in Granville MA on the CT/MA border near the airport.

H
Thanks for getting back to me. What is the cost of each egg and would you recommend going wth the eggs or go for ducklings

Hatching duck eggs isn't all that difficult, but can be scary if you've never done anything like it before. If you hatch I always suggest more eggs than you want ducks, since not all eggs develop and not all ducklings will hatch successfully. I was at a 92% hatch rate overall for 2016. YMMV.

Ducklings can sometimes offer the actual number you want in the sexes you want. If you only want females this is the way to go unless you want to hatch out 2x as many eggs as you want ducks, and raise the males for meat (drakes, like roos are not easy to rehome.)

I have fertilized duck eggs. I have silver appleyard ducks. They are great layers and very nice ducks. I also live in Westport, MA.. not far from RI or CT.

A friend of mine is raising ducklings in the house now because the Seth Meyers needed a duckling as a punch line for a bit on the show. Now it's still the dead of winter and it will be forever before she can get them outside. All for a 1 minute gag!
lau.gif

They go swimming in the tub 3 times a day, the house is full of the baby feathers, and she is constantly cleaning up and looking for larger boxes for them, but she loves it. So cute, but I'd be going a bit crazy by now. She might think twice the next time an animal "agent" asks her a favor.

Back
Top Bottom