Connecticut!

I have four, about ten week old silkie cockerels that need to re-home. 5 out of 15 were boys and I'm keeping my favorite. Two are buff and two are black. I live in the New Haven area. I was thinking 10$ each.

20181203_113024.jpg

Hello all from CT. I am not sure which tread to post this I hope here is appropriate. I would like to find some people around me in Tolland County,CT to be able to purchase fertile eggs from for this coming spring along with other future times. I am not sure of breeds I would like yet but I want pure breeds. No barnyard flock mixes. My goal is to have several connections set up as to when I have a broody hen I can contact others quickly thru BYC and get a few eggs of any particular breed you may have. For example others are welcome to contact me if you need Orpington eggs as I have a variety of those some of which you may have seen by pictures I post. The Orpington roos would be a Barred Lavender Oprington Roo or a Black Orpington Roo crossed with a Buff hen, Lavender hen and Partridge hen, as you can see results may vary but they will be Orpingtons. Also it is believed that the Black Orpington does have the Lavender Gene. Thank you in advance for your help, I hope you all understand what I am trying to do. Thank you :frow
Here is a picture of each Rooster:
KIMG0237.jpg
KIMG0259.jpg
Here are the Hen Pictures:
KIMG0262.jpg
KIMG0265.jpg
KIMG0274.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all from CT. I am not sure which tread to post this I hope here is appropriate. I would like to find some people around me in Tolland County,CT to be able to purchase fertile eggs from for this coming spring along with other future times. I am not sure of breeds I would like yet but I want pure breeds. No barnyard flock mixes. My goal is to have several connections set up as to when I have a broody hen I can contact others quickly thru BYC and get a few eggs of any particular breed you may have. For example others are welcome to contact me if you need Orpington eggs as I have a variety of those some of which you may have seen by pictures I post. The Orpington roos would be a Barred Lavender Oprington Roo or a Black Orpington Roo crossed with a Buff hen, Lavender hen and Partridge hen, as you can see results may vary but they will be Orpingtons. Also it is believed that the Black Orpington does have the Lavender Gene. Thank you in advance for your help, I hope you all understand what I am trying to do. Thank you :frow
Here is a picture of each Rooster:
View attachment 1626765
View attachment 1626767
Here are the Hen Pictures:
View attachment 1626770
View attachment 1626771
View attachment 1626773

First off, welcome!
Unfortunately I don’t have and will not have any firtile eggs that would be pure breed chickens.. I do have geese though, in case you’re ever interested. Good luck!

We are in NWCT so not toland county but we do have a golden laced Wyandotte pair, only one hen, so it would need to be a day or two to get up more then just one egg! We do have a mixed flock of other breads if you decide you want a mixed flock.

We are in NWCT so not toland county but we do have a golden laced Wyandotte pair, only one hen, so it would need to be a day or two to get up more then just one egg! We do have a mixed flock of other breads if you decide you want a mixed flock.
Sounds good. I have extended family out that way in the Torrington area. Besides the fact you have the best fly-fishing in the New Hartford area. Happy new year

Hello Everyone. I'm in Eastern CT and i've been looking forever for people in the area that buy/sell/trade ducks. Shipping is getting old quick, as far as paying for it goes. Anyone around do that sort of thing? And if so, what do you have? I'm going to have various ducklings and ducks over the next few months to "offload". I imagine/hope there's others in the area who'll be in the same boat. Tis the season. Almost.

Back
Top Bottom