Connecticut!

I put out extra water, changed it a few times today. Hung a towel to add extra shade to the run.

I had a chance to measure the temps in the coop today, it was 4-5 degrees cooler on the floor of the coop, then it was at the top window, so the ventilation works.

One more day and it will be better.

I have not let mine out to free range in the yard the past few days. They will go in the bushes for a while, but then come out panting at me and stand in the middle of the yard waiting for the engraved invitation to go get some water. With the new top on my run it is sooo cool in there for them and they actually drink the water. I've been taking ice cubes out for them, too.

PS. sorry I haven't been around much lately.. I'm studying for my Board Exam, which is Monday.
barnie.gif
caf.gif
barnie.gif
caf.gif

Last edited:
Tina good luck Monday!
fl.gif

Luke13:34 :

I have not let mine out to free range in the yard the past few days. They will go in the bushes for a while, but then come out panting at me and stand in the middle of the yard waiting for the engraved invitation to go get some water. With the new top on my run it is sooo cool in there for them and they actually drink the water. I've been taking ice cubes out for them, too.

PS. sorry I haven't been around much lately.. I'm studying for my Board Exam, which is Monday.
barnie.gif
caf.gif
barnie.gif
caf.gif

Anyone want to take a shot at sexxing some 9 week old (& 1 10 week old) chicks?
They're a barred rock, easter egger, light brama, silver laced wyandotte, and partridge rock.
The EE is a week older than the others; the partridge rock didn't grow as fast as the others and is much smaller still and is just getting neck feathers in.
So far no crowing, but they're definetely starting to cluck!!!

Peppermint Patty/barred rock
89944_052.jpg

Cadbury/Easter egger:
89944_cadbury.jpg

Marshmallow/Light brahma:
89944_057.jpg

Oreo/SLW:
89944_047.jpg

Toffee & Oreo (they wouldn't pose nicely):
89944_toffee_oreo_marshmallow.jpg

Toffee/partridge rock:
89944_toffee.jpg

I'm going to try here, I'm new but trying to learn.

I think the first 3 are pullets, the last one I can't see well enough.

Hope I get this down before my hatching eggs get here.

well, the pic I uploaded of the light brahma wasn't one of her better ones-she was looking really 'leggy' in that one and stretched out for some reason, but she wasn't holding still for her other shots andt they were a little blurry. Ditto with the partridge rock - little sucker just wouldn't pose. I'll have to get some new photos once they are out in the sun and try again. Happy to hear though so far no suspicions of any roos! THe kids are attached to them (as am I) so I'd hate to have to re-home anyone, and I appreciate having good neighbors too much to inflict a rooster on them!!

Back
Top Bottom