Connecticut!

CT PEEPS: I have some beautiful Ameraucana teenaged roos who are in need of a good home. I live in Suffield, CT, right on the Mass border. If you're interested, please let me know (email is the quickest way to reach me: [email protected]

They come from great lines. Here's a picture of some of them (in the foreground):

43104_7-18-11_34.jpg

me an my dad just went out to set our live trap.we caught a skunk 2 days ago boy did that stink.an you could here coyotes everywhere i hope they dont eat any of my birds while i sleep.

Quote:
We're having big problems with coyotes here in Suffield in the DAYTIME, Little Blue. If your coop is secure, (and with jimmythechicken as your dad, I'm sure it's like Fort Knox) then they'll be fine at night. My chickens are better off sleeping than they are free-ranging lately (but we're working on a solution to that problem).

I believe I won: 1 year GFM for myself and two 6 month GFMs to give away to anybody I want. I have yet to hear from any moderators or the administrator. But I know who I would be giving the two 6 months GFM to.... they're Connecticut people !!!
big_smile.png

I will be there Oct 1, I will bring some cheese and crackers, and a raffle prizes. I look forward to meeting you!

Luke13:34 :

CONGRATS Fuzzy Wunkles!!! What did you win in the contest?
celebrate.gif

Thanks for asking about my Board Exam. It was pretty stressful and a tough exam, but I'm feeling very confident that I passed.

The Oct 1 get-together will be for anyone who wants to come. It is not an official "chickenstock", but I will have the garage cleared out for anyone who wants to bring birds to swap/sell. We will have the grill going and have a pot luck. I'm thinking of some fun games and things we can do, too. If anyone wants to donate items for a raffle/door prizes, that would be great.

I want it to be family friendly, so bring the kiddos. Maybe we will have feed-bag races for the kiddos.

I don't have a huge place (we live in-town), but we will try to accommodate everyone who wants to come.​

Well, not sure about October 1st but I'll put it on the calendar and hope to make it...if I can, I'll see what I can bring
smile.png

Just got back from camping in Rhode Island for a few days - and being a light sleeper I was always up at first light, heading to the restroom, enjoying the walk - and listening to some roosteres (or one very enthusiastic one, as the crows were non-stop) cock-a-doodling in the day. First thought-boy would I be ticked if MY campsite was right by that chicken farm and second thought-hope none of my chicks turn out to be roos
smile.png
! Day 2 at the campground, no crowing - I wonder if someone couldn't take it anymore?
Anyway glad to be home now and see that my girls are all just fine... the neighbor's daughter had fun 'chicken sitting' and wants to do it next weekend we go away-yay!!
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to finishing up the fence we took down to clear out some tree stumps-so that then we can put the girls tractor in that area. Right now they've been parked on the same patch of ground for 4 days while we were away, and the grass there (what grass?) looks a fright!~
Went out to Ferris Creamery (I think that's what they're called) in Newtown=anyone go there? FANTASTIC ice cream, huge lines but worth the time... and for the first time I noticed some chickens running around behind the barn
smile.png

BiB, I like Bethel`s DR MIKES better than Newtowns Ferris Creamery. The Ice cream is alot richer. As long as you don`t get the owner to serve you. You will get a pretty good oversized ice cream.

I can relate to your camping problems.. the last time my husband and I went camping in PA (2009), we were right next to an Amish farm. The roosters were the alarm clock in the AM well.. at least for my husband.. I too am an early riser (4-5AM), and the roosters cock-a- doodling did get on your nerves after a while, but the views of the land, the birds singing, and being surrounded by peaceful, loving people made it all worth while.

Wow! I have heard about Ferris Creamery twice this week and how great the ice cream is. I wonder if this is the same Ferris Dairy family that delivered milk in the sixties.

Quote:

Tinman, I like Dr. Mike's icecream better - but they'd don't have the selection that Ferris does, and I like variety
smile.png

And hubby likes Ferris' chocolate shakes better...although they don't touch Dr. Mikes lace icecream!

Back
Top Bottom