Connecticut!

I've never been much into craigs list, I guess it's time I try it out then! Thanks for the advice
smile.png

I don`t think you will need the reptile heating coil. The hay bails should work good. Chickens give off alot of heat.The most important thing is ventalation but you do not want your girls exsposed to a draft.Moisture in the air will condence on a warm chicken body. Also I use 2x4 for roost so they can sit on thier feet flat to keep them warm. One more thing I like to do is give them a bedtime snack like a bowl of cooked (cooled) oatmeal or cooked eggs. If they are full at bedtime they will have the extra energy to keep warm. If you go to E-Bay you will find a 96 oz heated dog bowl for $23 with free shipping. I have the same one and it works great. It uses only 25 watts so it uses very little power
Quote:

Last edited:
Had a BLAST at the Orange Country Fair today!!! We took three chookies - A Welsummer, who won a blue ribbon, an Easter Egger who won a red ribbon, and our little banty Partridge Wyandotte, Betty, won Best Hen- Jr. Division! Yay!

Luke13:34 :

Had a BLAST at the Orange Country Fair today!!! We took three chookies - A Welsummer, who won a blue ribbon, an Easter Egger who won a red ribbon, and our little banty Partridge Wyandotte, Betty, won Best Hen- Jr. Division! Yay!

Congats​

That's so cool!​

WHAT???? OMG I am sooo happy for you and your daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Betty is a cutie pie
61583_img00883-20110420-15371.jpg

thumbsup.gif

You'll have to post some pic's of her and her ribbons!!

Had a BLAST at the Orange Country Fair today!!! We took three chookies - A Welsummer, who won a blue ribbon, an Easter Egger who won a red ribbon, and our little banty Partridge Wyandotte, Betty, won Best Hen- Jr. Division! Yay!​

Last edited:
Hi! I saw your chickens, we were there today too! I hear that there is a BYC meeting in CT near route 8 on October 1st, do you know anything about it? We are in Stratford.

Back
Top Bottom