Consolidated Kansas

I haven't caught up with posts yet but wouldn't you know it, I have been wanting silver pied peahens. Seems they are hard to find! Anyhow cl guy has some yearling hens for $75 and will meet in Overland Park this weekend!

I think I am gonna cry! I just got here, I know I know, stupid to be crying on vacation but why couldn't he have sold those birds earlier or later? No one sells just HENS!
maybe you can get a friend to spot you untill you get back?

I had the guy send me a picture and they were not silver pied after all. Have to be careful I guess and always ask for pictures. I don't think he knows, they sure didn't look like a silver pied. So mute point, nearest one I have found is a 6 to 7 hour drive! Well guess I just have to start new, get some chicks or eggs or whatever Kskingbee has available to sell to me when his pen gets active! :). I know his birds are loved and pretty!

I had the guy send me a picture and they were not silver pied after all. Have to be careful I guess and always ask for pictures. I don't think he knows, they sure didn't look like a silver pied. So mute point, nearest one I have found is a 6 to 7 hour drive! Well guess I just have to start new, get some chicks or eggs or whatever Kskingbee has available to sell to me when his pen gets active! :). I know his birds are loved and pretty!

I was going to say I could pick them up and keep them for you. :) I've been wanting some too! ;) I'm planning a trip to Wichita this weekend to drop off my Nigerian buck that I'm selling and pick up a couple doelings and some birds. I want to spend a little time at the Sunflower Cluster dog show too. I have several friends showing this weekend.

I had the guy send me a picture and they were not silver pied after all. Have to be careful I guess and always ask for pictures. I don't think he knows, they sure didn't look like a silver pied. So mute point, nearest one I have found is a 6 to 7 hour drive! Well guess I just have to start new, get some chicks or eggs or whatever Kskingbee has available to sell to me when his pen gets active!
smile.png
. I know his birds are loved and pretty!
I smiled when I saw a CraigsList ad recently... didn't even have to ask for pictures to know that the OP was a bit newer to chickens than I was. They were offering a "Pullet Rooster" - it piqued my interest as I don't have one of those.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/4951692869.html

I smiled when I saw a CraigsList ad recently... didn't even have to ask for pictures to know that the OP was a bit newer to chickens than I was. They were offering a "Pullet Rooster" - it piqued my interest as I don't have one of those.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/4951692869.html

Yeah I'm amazed at what I see all the time on CL. People don't have a clue what they have or what they're selling. Buyer beware!

Just had to share. Had hoped to get to pick up our NNs this weekend but David has been working so many hours we haven't had time to get run built and finish the little repairs needed on the chicken house we were given. We had already scheduled a long weekend off because today is our wedding anniversary and I wanted to just get him away for a couple of days. Instead he wants to stay home and finish getting ready for the chickens. Best anniversary present ever!

Quote: What do you bet they got those chicks out of the pullet bin at a store and one turned out to be a cockerel?
People are so dumb. I guess I have problems understanding that cause I am so analytical and research every thing to the point of being obsessive.

Originally Posted by MsDebD
That's awesome. Not great weather out there for building pens today.
Last night was such a noisy night. Major storms and wind. And today it's darned cold.

Just had to share. Had hoped to get to pick up our NNs this weekend but David has been working so many hours we haven't had time to get run built and finish the little repairs needed on the chicken house we were given. We had already scheduled a long weekend off because today is our wedding anniversary and I wanted to just get him away for a couple of days. Instead he wants to stay home and finish getting ready for the chickens. Best anniversary present ever!

What a nice anniversary present, congrats!

Yeah it's very cool & windy here today as well.

It has worked to my advantage because its giving me time to ask Ralph about adding some EEs when we get our NNs. Not only chicken math but chicken alphabet too!

Ok, this broody hen is driving me nuts....no egg production.

Here is my idea, someone please tell me if it will work?

If I go buy a few chicks, can I successfully sneak them under her in the night, or perhaps move her inside garage and then place the chicks with her.....will she buy the ruse?

Was going to get some chicks anyway, and thought this might help her snap out of broody, I have looked for some fertile eggs close by as well, no luck.

When I shoo her out of the nest box, she makes such a racket, I have given that attempt up.

She seems to be wasting away, losing weight. Not such a big deal as I only keep them for the eggs.

I need ideas please!

Back
Top Bottom