Consolidated Kansas

I came across these hot drink dispensers at a recycling center, and adapted a chicken drinking cup to the spigot pipe. I only found six of these dispensers, but I think they will help with some of my winter water-freezing problems. They hold about 2 gallons. I plan on using warm water this winter. I am just using cool water now, while they get use to using them. Most of my pens have these spigots in 15 gallon plastic barrows, but they do freeze in the winter.

I came across these hot drink dispensers at a recycling center, and adapted a chicken drinking cup to the spigot pipe. I only found six of these dispensers, but I think they will help with some of my winter water-freezing problems. They hold about 2 gallons. I plan on using warm water this winter. I am just using cool water now, while they get use to using them. Most of my pens have these spigots in 15 gallon plastic barrows, but they do freeze in the winter.

. I hatch for fall for myself. So that all the "wasted time" growing the pullets to laying age is during the months when the chickens don't lay well anyway. I hatch for spring for all the chick buyers. Just my 2 cents.

Ok so the person who I was talking about getting the started chickens has stopped replying ans as quite a few of you have said you raise chicks during the fall and I want the experience of raising chicks im going to place an order with Meyers for Rainbow Pullet pack but as I will be raising the chicks in my heated garage until Spring I was wondering if them being just on cement for the first 5 months would do them any harm? I am raising mealies for them now and will throw down bedding plus a sand bath. And of course if it's nice outside (50 degrees or higher once they are fully feathers)take them out to their chicken yard for a couple hours but will this be enough? Thank you

Hi! I'm so glad to have found you guys. I'm new to the forum but have been lurking here for a couple weeks now. I live around the Miami/Johnson county area, and don't have birds yet. I'm planning on getting some peafowl and guineas in the spring for tick control since they were so bad this summer.

Anyway, hello to all and look forward to interacting here :)

Lol, was supposed to read "tell us more"

Dani,

You will prob regret having them in garage for that long a period of time!

In other news, just a few days back I moved chicks out to coop, they seem to be enjoying their new larger surroundings. Going to make these chicks more hardy and acclimated then last time around.

Back
Top Bottom