Constructive criticism please

I have chicks!!!

Ohh ok. You still aren't to far away. Seems like you know your way around the farm,may have to use you as a crutch being I'm a newbie lol. I'm planning on getting my first chickens really soon ( hopefully today) got a few minor things I need to do in the coop first.

Would it surprise you to know that this is our first batch? Lol I had chicks and hatched them from incubators as a kid and teen with family members, But this is my first time as an adult without other adult supervision. I was always the city girl who wanted gardens and Chickens. I'm working towards a full farmstead by the end of the year. My husband refers to me as the city girl gone country.
lol.png
lol.png

​Would it surprise you to know that this is our first batch? Lol I had chicks and hatched them from incubators as a kid and teen with family members, But this is my first time as an adult without other adult supervision. I was always the city girl who wanted gardens and Chickens. I'm working towards a full farmstead by the end of the year. My husband refers to me as the city girl gone country. :lol: :lol:  

So your in the same boat as myself I see. I guess we should be each others crutch then. Kinda nice to know that I'm not the only newbie on the block. I actually had to look up chicken term last night because I was read a article and didn't know what have the words meant lol. If you don't mind post some pics of your setup, would love to see what you have going on.

Working on there coop now. Gonna have to fix the roof since a tree fell on it. It's still closed up top but I hit my head on that broken 2x4 and good Lord did that hurt. Decided I didn't want to do that again lol

So your in the same boat as myself I see. I guess we should be each others crutch then. Kinda nice to know that I'm not the only newbie on the block. I actually had to look up chicken term last night because I was read a article and didn't know what have the words meant lol. If you don't mind post some pics of your setup, would love to see what you have going on.

Lol, We're in this newbie stage together! And I'll do it in just a bit! We just turned and candled the eggs so I want to let them rest a bit before I take pictures of the incubator.. And the coop is still down in the "shop" where my husband and his friend are building it. I'm currently looking for Trampoline frames to use a multiple chicken Tractors. My brooder is just a plastic tote that we have a brooder light over with hay for bedding and feed/water containers. NOTHING fancy, All DIY and homemade as much as possible.

I have a old swing set that you are welcome to that you can make a tractor out of if your interested. You'll just need to get some bolts and nuts because I lost them. Don't forget the pics now, really want to see it

I have a old swing set that you are welcome to that you can make a tractor out of if your interested. You'll just need to get some bolts and nuts because I lost them. Don't forget the pics now, really want to see it

Awesome! If you PM me your address, I could Have my husband pick it up. I'm sure they have tons of nuts and bolts laying around! And I'm about to take pictures now. The coop is only half up but I'll take a pic anyway. Lol. The coop will mainly be for laying. I'll hopefully have a few tractors made up to let them roam safely. I'm too afraid of hawks grabbing them to let them free range.

Back
Top Bottom