Ended Contest #3 Cutest Baby Fowl - 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Turk. She is our wild turkey that we rescued from a cat attack when she was a babe. When she was this small, we would take her for walks and she would follow right behind us wherever we would go. If we got too far away from her, she would flap her wings and run as fast as she could to keep up with us. She's grown now and fascinates all the wild male Turkeys (and turkey's in general) that come hang out with her in our yard. I think it blows their little turkey minds on how close she is with us. They don't understand why she runs to us when we call instead of flying into a tree for protection. She sleeps outside our kitchen door when she takes naps and sleeps in the tree in the front yard at night. She's escaped pouncing foxes and has protected our chickens from hawks. She is one of a kind and we love her a bunch!
These two babies hatched out from underneath our broody momma hen. A lot of them looked similar so we couldn't really keep track of who was who but here they are enjoying their first day feeling the grass under their feet!

This is Turk. She is our wild turkey that we rescued from a cat attack when she was a babe. When she was this small, we would take her for walks and she would follow right behind us wherever we would go. If we got too far away from her, she would flap her wings and run as fast as she could to keep up with us. She's grown now and fascinates all the wild male Turkeys (and turkey's in general) that come hang out with her in our yard. I think it blows their little turkey minds on how close she is with us. They don't understand why she runs to us when we call instead of flying into a tree for protection. She sleeps outside our kitchen door when she takes naps and sleeps in the tree in the front yard at night. She's escaped pouncing foxes and has protected our chickens from hawks. She is one of a kind and we love her a bunch! These two babies hatched out from underneath our broody momma hen. A lot of them looked similar so we couldn't really keep track of who was who but here they are enjoying their first day feeling the grass under their feet!
Precious Turk. She is cute as a baby. Great story:). And those yellows are so cute.

This is Turk. She is our wild turkey that we rescued from a cat attack when she was a babe. When she was this small, we would take her for walks and she would follow right behind us wherever we would go. If we got too far away from her, she would flap her wings and run as fast as she could to keep up with us. She's grown now and fascinates all the wild male Turkeys (and turkey's in general) that come hang out with her in our yard. I think it blows their little turkey minds on how close she is with us. They don't understand why she runs to us when we call instead of flying into a tree for protection. She sleeps outside our kitchen door when she takes naps and sleeps in the tree in the front yard at night. She's escaped pouncing foxes and has protected our chickens from hawks. She is one of a kind and we love her a bunch! These two babies hatched out from underneath our broody momma hen. A lot of them looked similar so we couldn't really keep track of who was who but here they are enjoying their first day feeling the grass under their feet!
Awwww

Goslings :love

i love it when hens try to mother ducklings! I had to comment back on this! I cannot believe the irony of the situation and date. We had a broody hen, and at the time no roosters around. So I put Khaki Campbell duck eggs under her that hatched on JULY 15TH, 2016! (NOT AN ENTRY!) [/quote]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom