Ended Contest #4 Brinsea’s Cutest Baby Fowl Photo Contest 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Wyandotte

So many cute babies!!
I have to give it a shot, since I didn't enter many other contests. The quality of these pics is crap because I used my iPod, but I may be able to get better pics tomorrow if I break out the good camera, and may change these..

Silkie baby from the Easter HAL

Gabby the Goose (she's less than 3 weeks old!)

Entry #1 (though I may switch up the photo if I get a better one of this chick)
This is Diva (here's hoping she's a girl so her name fits and so I can keep her). She is 1 week old today. Her mother is one of my favorite year old mixed breed hens and her father is Fog, my d'Uccle Mille Fleur roo. She's a happy accident. Her mother was put in the breeding pen to help keep the d'Uccle eggs from freezing before I could collect them because she's a wonderful broody and her eggs are darker than the d'Uccles so I can usually tell if she lays one (which she rarely does). This was the only egg collected from that pairing for my March hatch and she is the cutest chick I have ever laid eyes on (DH agrees).
Ok, now for entry #2.

Two mille fleur d'Uccles from my pre Easter HAL hatch. They are the teeniest tiniest little babies at just a day old and these little birds never cease to amaze me. I love that within a week from hatch the feet feathers start to come in on these babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom