Ended Contest #6 Broodies & Their Babies - 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Brahma hen with her baby, this little trooper got attacked by a duck a few hours after she was hatched, she ended up getting her left wing torn off, and momma nearly killed the duck. I winded up moving her and her baby into my bathtub, thinking this chick wasn't long for this world, but her mom was determined to get this little girl to survive. Eventually they moved outside, the second day out, I found a hawk on top of her dead mother, and the baby was nowhere to be seen. I found her baby a few hours later cowering underneath a bucket, still alive. We named her Trooper.
sorry to hear that

Good pics and pretty chickens. What type of hen is princess? I have a chicken from TSC mix that looks just like her.

Thanks.
smile.png

Princess is a Partridge Silkie. She's the greatest momma ever, she goes broody two or three times a year and will take any eggs you'll give her. She can be clumsy at times, she steps on her chicks and doesn't notice, but she is so kind and gentle with them.

What a sweet picture. : )

I guess I showed up too late lol. I just got 4 emu eggs I threw in the bator yesterday. And ONE of them is a huge 938 gram DOUBLE YOLK EMU EGG. I doubt it will hatch, but I'm giving it a shot
did you see the April HAL Some are open to ALL BYC as well!! or you could join us in the HAL!!

ANY EGGS UNDER BROODY OR EGGS in the bator during APRIL can join us!

"Springing in the Chicks"
2016 April Hatch-a-Long

Hosted by Mike & Sally

Set Eggs ANYTIME in April

EVERYONE is Welcome!

Set whenever you wish as long as eggs are in the incubators or under hens any day in April! To join us simply post in the thread and say hello and what you plan on hatching!

We are certain you will find new friends, excellent incubation help,

laughter fun and a few Cool New Contests along the way!

NEW COOL CONTESTS!

“Share a Laugh” Random Posting Thread CLICK HERE

“Share Helpful BYC TIPS” Random Post Thread CLICK HERE

Chick Mug Shots CLICK HERE

Selfies with Fowl CLICK HERE

Fowl drawing/painting Contest CLICK HERE

see APRIL HAL for updated info!

(Lower 48 for winnings only unless there GFMs or donations in your Country)
*If a minor wins, the prize will be awarded to the parent/legal guardian of the winner (and not the minor). The parent or legal guardian will need to have their own BYC account setup and message with their name and address. VOID where prohibited!

Back
Top Bottom