Coop Cam

Jim
I have a port assigned to each camera
Does the AyrMesh hub need an assigned port too? I'm trying to picture this in my head. Should both cameras and the hub have the same port no??

Quote:
No the port that is assigned to each camera must be forwarded for your outside IP address. I'll get a picture up in a few. I'll place it here. --jim

Here you are...

port-forwarding.png

You see my local IP address and the port I have assigned each camera. By forwarding that port, and the use of my "outside" IP address, the port [camera] can be accessed by Internet viewers. I use a DNS service so I do not have to worry about my outside IP address changing. Again, I hope this helps. --jim

Last edited:
Hi
Don't go away please - check back in about 20 min. I will take a looky and a screen capture. My port forwarding is unde advanced gaming. And I think it looks different. Thank you ssoooo much.

Quote:
I am familiar with the gaming location. and yes, different routers have a different look; but, the basic information is the same--internal IP address and port for the device. I'll be here. The best. --jim

64255_screen_shot_2011-11-17_at_90819_am.png

I'm stuck with that coop now being assigned a 101.255.27.88 number..... I think it's hopeless...

Last edited:
Jim
I have to go to work. Be home later this evening. Wish I could make a trip to NC really fast. I think you might have answers for me. Can you check back around 8 this evening so we can pick this up again? I'll gladly send you some eggs for barter....
smile.png

Thanks so much Jim!!!

or perhaps we are boring the backyard chicken folks and need to take this to an email level. I'll PM you my email address.

Sally

This is probly going to sound completely silly but I dont know who else to ask, and since you guys seem so imformative on these here goes...
I want to get the Foscam FI8918W (Black) Wireless IP Camera for my coop but I dont have a computer. I do have an Android phone and internet access at work and friends houses. Is there any way I could make this work without an actual computer or am I out of luck? I am really trying to get my own internet and computer but its just not financially in the cards right now. I would love any advice you guys can offer. Thank you
smile.png

Quote:
Sure, you can see the video with only a smartphone, once you have set up the camera. You will need a computer to do so. You'll have to plug in a LAN cable to the camera to configure it. That can be done away from your site and then set it to join your wireless network [which mean you must have a wireless router]. Of course, you'll have to configure the wireless router, to include port forwarding, which requires a computer. Can your friend visit with his/her computer? I hope this helps. --jim

Back
Top Bottom