Coop decor

Quote:
That is CUTE! Good job!
big_smile.png
I really wish my nest boxes were outside the coop like yours....too late to change now.

Cute photos so far! Must check out the weather vanes on Amazon! Now that my coop is here, I am all egg-cited to decorate! I did buy a rooster wind chime that hangs above the trees near my coop. Only the beginning!

I saw some really cute Rooster wind chimes at TSC too. My chicks aren't ready for the coop yet and wanted to know how the chickens react to the noise from the chimes? I guess they just get used to it, right? But I'm wondering if it will disturb them at night if the wind kicks up?

If you look close, I used a very basic star on the door. And my husband added his touch with a deer rack over the run, very uh... rustic if you will. Sorry, best pic I had
smile.png

DSCF2183.jpg

I have some little chick painting on the inside, I'll get photos to post tomorrow! EVERY NIGHT IS VENETIAN NIGHT at our little coop! If you look close you can see little wooden/twine type balls around the top roof edge. Those are actually white Christmas-type lights that turn on every night at 8pm-12pm (thanks to a timer). It looks really neat at night.

Also check out http://tourdcoop.com/ they have a ton of great photos of unique/creative coop decorations!

88483_chicken_coop.jpg

Last edited:
I found some campy chicken prints already framed at goodwill store (1.99 each). Once we paint I am putting them up. Also plan on finding a very big print of a rooster to inspire the ladies in my laying coop. I want this to be fun! Haven't finished coop yet, but soon and will post pics.

I bought stove burner covers at the dollar store. 4 for a dollar, can't go wrong! The black rooster cost me a whole quarter at a yard sale...
lol.png

75545_img_9449.jpg

75545_img_9451.jpg

75545_img_9470.jpg

Back
Top Bottom