Coop finally done...Thoughts!!! Pic Heavy

Great winter coop but questionable for summer (depends your local climate). Keep an eye on the inside temp. Be ready to cut in a window or two if necessary.

Another reason for window is lighting. According to some experts, light promotes egg production. I do not have first hand experience since my coops always have windows.

Does the roosting frame cover the entire coop? It looks very inviting for the birds. They will poop on everthing under it, so placement of the feeder and waterer will need to be strategic. Also the frame has more space than you need for 7 birds. Taking out some pieces will make it easier for the birds to get on and off.

the color is shARP! i LOVE IT. under the eves I have my ventalattion
don't forget the lamate on the flooring. makes clean up easier
also on the opposite side have the same vent

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I should of thought about that while building. Now I need to cut a hole and make another vent. I live in Seattle and the summers here are around 75 degrees (not this summer) and are winters are around 40 to 50 degrees. I am going to build a 8x6 run attached to the coop for them to be in during the day and let them out in the backyard to foliage around.

I envy your mild climate.
Do add another vent on the other side for cross ventilation.
You may decide to add a window that can open n close to help too.
Very cute coop.

Back
Top Bottom