Coop pics****

Here's some photos of my coop and run, I didn't have any plans but just built it from photos on found on the internet. I also built it on my own, so it took me a few months to complete.
I'm happy to say my chickens have been home for a month now and seem to be enjoying their coop and run.
I'm enjoying giving them different veggies and turning the dirt in some of the grazing beds for the worms.

Can you tell me the dimensions of the coop and the run? And how many chickens you have, please?

When I lived up North I had an Amish built chicken coop with twelve nesting boxes and three runs. Now I live in a neighborhood in NE Alabama and I've had to downsize and start all over. I found this dog house at a yard sale for $5.00 and I've started to build a run.

Getting close to finishing everything today. I have reinforced the coop with hardware cloth on the inside and outside. For the run we used our horse corral 6 panels plus door and buried hardware cloth a foot and then ran it up 6 feet. We attached it with zip ties. We have 3 strands of electric going around the outside of the run. I still have to get netting for the top. I'm not sure where to put their food and water. Does it go up inside the hen house or just inside the coop part? Still hv to get netting for the top.
Comments-criticism-I'd like any and all input. :)
Thanks!
Tina

Keep the food under the covered part of the run to keep it dry the water I guess doesn't much matter as long as they can get to it, saw a video on YouTube of what you are doing with the netting they put a bucket on top of a 4x4 to prevent the netting from ripping and pushed it until it was straight up with the netting on top good idea and gives alot of head room.

Back
Top Bottom