Coop pics****

Here's some photos of my coop and run, I didn't have any plans but just built it from photos on found on the internet. I also built it on my own, so it took me a few months to complete. I'm happy to say my chickens have been home for a month now and seem to be enjoying their coop and run. I'm enjoying giving them different veggies and turning the dirt in some of the grazing beds for the worms.
I LOVE YOUR RUN!!!!!! OMG! What are the dimensions??

So i have continued with my coop, and i have got the most off the actual coop built just need to put on the roof and bottom and add wire to the run, i also have to make the door for the nesting boxes,

The coop is finished. It's 6 x 4 x 6'. It has 2 roosts, and 3 nest boxes. I will put trays under the roosts filled with Sweet PDZ. I put fiberglass screen material over the wire to help keep rain out and still let the sun in. They have free range of their yard.

What did I get myself into???? Lol.:barnie It is not quite done. A little painting & it should be good.

... I stole bits and pieces of ideas from this website and designed my own. What do ya think??

Last edited:

Last year my wife asked me if I would build he a chicken coop that looked like an old fashion church. It Started with a simple concept. These pic's Loaded in reverse order from what I intended. LoL!!!

It's still not 100% complete, but we are sure getting a lot closer!!! LoL!!!
This coop project wouldn't have been possible without a lot of help from Family and Friends. :)
We want to thank everyone that participated in every way!!!

Thank you Stumpy, Aronia and Vehve for you comments. The Stained Glass pieces were provided by a dear friend who volunteered to make them. Each and every little piece of glass was cut by her to create a master piece. We looked at some old churches before we ever started this project. They all had a lot of detail wood work and stained glass. I'm sure we didn't meet the craftsmanship of the 1800, but we gave it our best effort. The Chickens seem to like it. LoL!!!

Back
Top Bottom