Coop pics****

lol it is a BIG coop haha I bought the house next door to me for the land then bulldozed the house (it was in really bad shape) so most of the material is what my brother salvaged so in went the chicken coop woohoo

lol it is a BIG coop haha I bought the house next door to me for the land then bulldozed the house (it was in really bad shape) so most of the material is what my brother salvaged so in went the chicken coop woohoo

Well mine isn't nearly as big but since I live in the middle of Sparks Nevada, I don't think my neighbors would appreciate it anyway, even if I could support it. I just finished preparing my coop for the big day when I will put the chicks outside. Got the shavings down, Put the silly little ceramic eggs in the nesting box (Fun stuff). Added a couple of roosting poles to the inner bottom of the coop. Hooked up a utility light for early morning visits and Midnight hellos. So I am ready I think. The only thing left is to fashion some kind of door for the upper coop.

I absolutely love it!!! I like to think of our coops as our very own club house with a purpose ....eggs!!!
wee.gif
I think whether it be big or small, in the end it is the design and the personal touches that we add to our little houses that make them truly unique and yours certainly is. kudos

Just finishing up my chicken coop/greenhouse combo. The windows, main door, and roof shingles I picked up at the local Habitat Restore. The greenhouse panels we repurposed from an aluminum frame greenhouse kit that just wasn't sturdy enough to handle the wind and snow load we have here. We insulated both the greenhouse and coop, walls,ceiling, and floors. Temperatures in the winter where we live can get to negative 20 Fahrenheit and colder.

The smaller lean-to is the coop. Closable vents are above the 3 greenhouse panels.

We built the greenhouse separate from the coop because we live in a rental house and when we move we will need to move them as well.

The greenhouse.

The coop door my hubby made from plywood and 2x4's.

Our coop! My hubby wired it so we have electricity for lights and a water heater. We put in a "under cabinet" light just inside the door. It works perfect! Now we just need to make nest boxes, a feeder, waterer, and perches. Chicks go in tomorrow if it's aired out enough. Lucky chickees!

Just finishing up my chicken coop/greenhouse combo. The windows, main door, and roof shingles I picked up at the local Habitat Restore. The greenhouse panels we repurposed from an aluminum frame greenhouse kit that just wasn't sturdy enough to handle the wind and snow load we have here. We insulated both the greenhouse and coop, walls,ceiling, and floors. Temperatures in the winter where we live can get to negative 20 Fahrenheit and colder.

The smaller lean-to is the coop. Closable vents are above the 3 greenhouse panels.
We built the greenhouse separate from the coop because we live in a rental house and when we move we will need to move them as well.

The greenhouse.

The coop door my hubby made from plywood and 2x4's.

Our coop! My hubby wired it so we have electricity for lights and a water heater. We put in a "under cabinet" light just inside the door. It works perfect! Now we just need to make nest boxes, a feeder, waterer, and perches. Chicks go in tomorrow if it's aired out enough. Lucky chickees!

are you planning on growing inside the coop and the coop is just darling!

The greenhouse is for growing human food. The growing season in the high rockies is so short there is not much you can grow here without a greenhouse. I've seen it snow here in June and it often snows in October.

Mid winter when it is crazy cold and I don't have anything growing I plan on opening the greenhouse side to the chickens for more space. Also, I'm thinking we might be able to use part of the greenhouse space in early spring for a brooder when we get new babies. I will have to see what the temperatures are like. It might get too hot, though.

I'm excited to get my seedlings in there and get my chickens out of the house! Our house smells like a chicken coop. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom