Coop pics****

We're working with an old woodshed/dog kennel.

Still a work in progress, we have the chain link down 24" the the flower bed around in is filled with big rocks to deter a Weinny dog and critters from digging in.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I recently added some chicks. I have a section closed off inside, added a pop door and separated the run until the babies grow out. The coop is 6x8 and the run is a little over 84 square feet.

here is my new coop for the peepsthis coop is gonig to have a run on the side for bad weather, if dh likes it then i will get him to add it to the camper coop, going to put most of the chickens together today they need to run had 23 in screen room and 28 in coop so now we have 56 as we also still have 5 peeps in screen room. going to even it out next week, i hope, we have 21 large 1 1/2 years old, then there are 11 rir 12 weeks 5 black sex lick and 6 red sexlicks that are 11 week then we have some that are only 9 weeks

here is my new coop for the peepsthis coop is gonig to have a run on the side for bad weather, if dh likes it then i will get him to add it to the camper coop, going to put most of the chickens together today they need to run had 23 in screen room and 28 in coop so now we have 56 as we also still have 5 peeps in screen room. going to even it out next week, i hope, we have 21 large 1 1/2 years old, then there are 11 rir 12 weeks 5 black sex lick and 6 red sexlicks that are 11 week then we have some that are only 9 weeks

Hi, Great coop! I wish I lived in the country so I could have one that large. I have a question for you. I see in your chicks a little pale yellow one with black spotted wings. Can you tell me what breed that is? I got one sent to me that I did not order so I am curious as to what it is. Again GREAT COOP.

updated June 22, 2014: Spent most of Sunday afternoon working on the framing for the "el"... placement of nesting boxes, roosts and poop boards. There isn't as much space as I thought in there once you get the nest boxes situated, the poop boards up and the roosts on top of that. I wouldn't say that it's cramped... I have the entire other side of the coop to put things in, but I thought they might want to roost and nest in the dark.

Before:

Last edited:
Hi, Great coop! I wish I lived in the country so I could have one that large. I have a question for you. I see in your chicks a little pale yellow one with black spotted wings. Can you tell me what breed that is? I got one sent to me that I did not order so I am curious as to what it is. Again GREAT COOP.
it is the little one that came out white with black not sure what it is, oh you got the free one, i ordered some got 15 and one odd one but mine did not live long, 2 days was cute i am upset because i have to order again to get the 2 they owe me, and since i hatched some i do not need to get any more. just took our big roos and 3 peep roos to the action, we do not need that many roos. thanks for comment on coop will post it again tomorrow, we do a little each day as it is 96 here in the day time and we have to work early morning and after 6 at night, dh is 82 so we go slow.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I was not a member of BYC at the time I built this coop and I didn't take any pictures in the process of building it, but I built this compartmentalized coop in Hawaii completely from recycled materials.

Back
Top Bottom