Coop pics****

our coop in progress!!!

Wow. You are really close to other houses. How many chickens are you going to have? By the size of your run it looks like a lot. I hope you have nice neighbors.  Mine are *** holes. Literally.... I am not kidding. They are horrible.

knock on wood they havent said anything yet. We have 15 pullets and will be down to 10 when the 5 are gone. We still have work to do to finish the coop

here is our just finished coop, now we have 2 coops one made from old camper and this one the run is now 30 x 60 and we have 58 chickens, all stated with one fell from a truck and was in the snow so i made dh go back and get it. had to have partner so we go 20 very nice chickens, but someone sold us a sick one which made all the rest sick had to send all them to chicken heaven, we could not but chickens back in hen house so we got a camper and moved the yard.
then we hatched our own eggs and just keep going till we both said we need another coop.

Mine is close to ready for my 11 sizzle chicks. I have an automatic 4 drip waterer, grandpa's feeder, small coop inside the main housing, misters,fan, heat lamp and nesting box. I want to add curtains and bedding to the nesting boxes. Chicks should be old enough in a couple weeks. Getting excited!

Here's my coop, just finishing the run this weekend.

very nice love the colors but you should use the other fence this fence is a waste all it is good for is keeping your chickens in not keeping wild animals out, dogs, foxes all most any animal can get in to get at your chickens

Last edited:
All I need is for it to keep my chickens in during the day. I lock them in their coop at night and my outdoor husky keeps everything away.

We just moved into town after years in the country. I have always used chicken wire and free ranged, never lost birds to predators except once to an owl and once to a wolverine. My husky keeps everything else away including raccoons, coyotes, bears...

I've been a member here for years, I've seen all the arguments about chicken wire. Thank you for your concern but for my needs it works.

Back
Top Bottom