Coop pics****

This is my flipped remake of the Wichita Cabin Coop I found on this site.
smile.png

More photos on my coop's page.

Well ours is still being finished but it is done enough where the chicks moved in last night lol.. we still have not divided off the nest boxes inside, still need to trim the overhang on the roof and apply something to it.. the window isn't on yet either.. but it's hot enough where they don't need it closed.

We did the flat board for the perch/roost since we have brutal winters.. and placed it by the window so they can 'see' out... it's 4'ft10 and there are 4 birds should be sufficient? I need to get a better outside shot but it's close to the house so hard too... we need to touch up trim and walls, got a lot more banging than we had bargained for.. oye.

My Mum & I built it, no plans just going by some booklet we got from a landscape company we went to look at coops in person. (they were to much $$) we still need a run.. the chicks are moved right now into a separate one.

Some indoor shots, you can see where the window is, we have an old antique one that will be added over top.

Have to add pics late PB is acting up

the coops are all great but i have a landscape question, i have a coop my husband built me and my chickens free roam and come in at night... ok question... they have denuded all the area around the coop and have started on my lawn and flower beds... now every thing is washing away... they have 12 acres to roam and play in why are they killing everything around there house and mine. what can i plant that will grow fast and stop this erosion from happening. Oh man please help me.. my husband wants to kill them all.!!!!!!!!!!!

You might want to check out the Fermented Feed thread! Most of us that have tried feeding fermented feed report lessened or no smell coming from our birds
yesss.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/644300/fermenting-feed-for-meat-birds
The thread has gotten pretty long but there is some great info there and any & all questions have pretty much been answered.

BTW - nice thread yourself. I've seen a couple of coop ideas I really like! I hope they keep coming. Photos are always great!

some great coops!! keep them coming.. must get started on my knew run 2day neighbours complaining of smell so have to move them :/

Well i will try this again lol We still have work to do but the girls are living in it regardless...

This is the front... again the extra roof overhang needs to be cut and there is still trim to be added, paint to be touched up and so forth... to the right is our nest box and then(you cannot see) off to the left is a chicken door that will eventually lead to a pen, we have more vents too add at the sides as well.. again, an ongoing project.

An inside view from the door, you can see this is the window, it will be covered .. we have an antique one but it needs a pane of glass repaired so that'll go up later this week. The wooden roost which they love, they can see out the window. You can see the nest box, which will be divided off into three another needs to be finished part lol

Just another inside shot...

Last edited:
My son and I built this coop last month for our 3 young Buff Brahmas, we hope they will be laying by Halloween.

The coop has a footprint of 4x8 feet and the chickens have a fenced area around the coop that is 11x60 feet that they can roam and scratch during the day.

My son and I built this coop last month for our 3 young Buff Brahmas, we hope they will be laying by Halloween.

The coop has a footprint of 4x8 feet and the chickens have a fenced area around the coop that is 11x60 feet that they can roam and scratch during the day.

Nicely done! and that pic of him kissing them? adorable!

Back
Top Bottom