Coop Protection/Dog Training

FlockEweFarm

Songster
11 Years
Jun 11, 2008
Flagstaff,AZ
My 12 year old son had a lightbulb moment yesterday!
th.gif
I had been at one of the major pet stores pricing shock collars for the ex's German Shorthaired Pointer/bane of my existence/chicken stalker/psychotic dog, when my son said, " Mom, some people use e-fences to keep dogs in their yards, if you put the fence around the coop, and put the collar on her, dont you think it would work to keep her out?" He then went on to tell me that if I had to always be the one to shock her, she would just learn to run away when I was outside, and that it would just continue when I was gone. After I got back up off the floor,(I had fainted in shock that my son had actually spoken of something that wasnt related to video games)I looked at the clerk and he said that my son was exactly right!
Soo, we are going to be investing in one of those electronic fences, and a couple of collars so that the bird dog wont be shocked unless she approaches the pen, and the chickens will have yet another layer of security. My 12 year old,
love.gif
, I am still in shock, that boy walks into walls, forgets to zip his pants, comb his hair, and wears his shirts backwards half the time, but he came up with the smartest idea I have heard in a long time.

That is a pretty funny story! Just a typical 12 year old boy. I have two of them fellers and they are 23 and 19. Your days of picking yourself off the floor are just beginning......
big_smile.png

jane

Back
Top Bottom