Copper Maran Bantam

hi, I have a regular feather legged copper maran rooster that mated with Mille Fleur d'uccle... produced amazing copper maran bantams (the copper maran is dominant for sure). Does anyone know what the "real" copper maran bantams are mated with to get the small size?

thanks
I have no idea, but I'd love to see pictures of your chicks!

hi, I have a regular feather legged copper maran rooster that mated with Mille Fleur d'uccle... produced amazing copper maran bantams (the copper maran is dominant for sure). Does anyone know what the "real" copper maran bantams are mated with to get the small size?

thanks
Can we see pics? 😍

thanks
peoples in France used all sort of bantaim strain to cross to marans to create Bantam s marans .
I know a breeder in France he used Peckin and Java Bantams to create his Bantams marans .20 generation of crossing and back crossing to work the type and acdark eggs laying traits .
good luck to you.
need to make the F1 ,you all rady made ,second step mate this F1 cross you have with each other to get to the F2 . . some of the F2 will be bantams with marans caracteristic . select those one and work with them .
you need to create many different lines so you can make the crosses without running into imbreeding depression .
chooks man

here are pics

Attachments

• 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 0-2.jpg
    0-2.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom