Corbdee's Cookout

Corbdee

Duckies!
Aug 1, 2020
Middle of somewhere
This afternoon on the menu...

Chicken and duck

...Jk, at least for now. My ducks will see another spring yet.
daffy duck GIF

But I digress. Welcome to the cookout. Watch where you step, there's duck's know what all over the yard. Here I'll talk about my flock/future flocks & crops.
grill GIF
grill GIF

Also I'm out of barbecue sauce and Doritos so feel free to bring some.

So first off, last year I ordered from Metzer and got 10 day old ducks. They outgrew their 50 gal quick, moved em to a watermelon box. Got a welsh, 3 runner colors, a mallard, Rouen, 2 khaki Campbells, white crested (he's good don't worry), and a golden 300.

Attachments

• tempImage7UUPvv.png
    tempImage7UUPvv.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 4
  • tempImagesK7bKN.png
    tempImagesK7bKN.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
  • tempImageFJrjRQ.png
    tempImageFJrjRQ.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8776.JPG
    IMG_8776.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 5
Flash foreword 8-9 weeks and 3 females die, welsh, golden 300, and a Khaki Campbell from drowning. Too young to mate, too hot outside to freeze (it was June), so I'm now down to 7 ducks that I have to separate most of the time.
tempImagehXpaVn.png

First egg
tempImageJYKROi.png

No chickens this year, but I'm hoping to hatch some lavender orps and a few other breeds next year.

Attachments

• tempImageXRiETn.png
    tempImageXRiETn.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
And now I have 2 broody ducks (tried forever to separate em but I can't) sitting on now 3 eggs. I started with 14 :th
IMG_3630.JPG

Day 20 now, 8 days to go and they're still sitting. I built them their own cage just for brooding, still in the process of blocking every crack off so ducklings can't get out. They have their own feeder, container for bathing/water, and cover in 3 different places.

And now I have 2 broody ducks (tried forever to separate em but I can't) sitting on now 3 eggs. I started with 14 :th View attachment 3458988
Day 20 now, 8 days to go and they're still sitting. I built them their own cage just for brooding, still in the process of blocking every crack off so ducklings can't get out. They have their own feeder, container for bathing/water, and cover in 3 different places.
you Have very cute ducks

Back
Top Bottom