Cornish rocks ?!!

Quote:
idunno.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif

Looks like Leghorns to me. My advise would be to seperate them from the rooster before he hurts more of them.

By now they should be easy to sex and you can sell the pullets as layers if you don't want to keep them. The cockerels will never have much meat on them unfortunatly.
sad.png

so the overwhelming consensus is that they are not cornish but white leghorns.... I have already culled 4 and have 6 left...hmm trying to figure out what I can do in regards to the rooster
caf.gif

Quote:
gig.gif
...I would but he is over a year old I think I am just going to take him with me to the auction tommorow

They aren't Cornish X birds.

No breed of chicken has leg problems when it is the size of a silkie. You've got something else going on with the legs. Injury, disease, or something else. I am going to assume you are feeding a decent diet. A diet would have to be insanely wonky to be causing issues in such a short time. You aren't feeding nothing but white rice, are you?

If you were told they are Cornish Game Hens, then all that means is that they are going to be itty bitty chickens. You've seen a Cornish Game Hen in the grocery store? Single serving chicken.

Quote:
It is possible that they(TSC) got them mixed up, or that the hatchery sent the wrong birds and/or labeled them incorrectly. They may not have intentionally lied to you, just a mix up.

Quote:
gig.gif
...I would but he is over a year old I think I am just going to take him with me to the auction tommorow

Recipes call for a year + old roosters. Google it...
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom