Cornish Thread

WOW!!!!!!!!!! That is some rooster!
droolin.gif

Thanks Guys

Make his legs a little yellower and he is my ideal.
Will be keeping all stock from him this year before making choices later in the year.
But also will have to bring in some new blood after the fox attack took most of my stock last winter.
Always a gamble bringing in new blood but I've got some good stock lined up
1f44d.png

Last edited:
Thanks Guys

Make his legs a little yellower and he is my ideal.
Will be keeping all stock from him this year before making choices later in the year.
But also will have to bring in some new blood after the fox attack took most of my stock last winter.
Always a gamble bringing in new blood but I've got some good stock lined up
1f44d.png
Too bad about the loss but you seem off to a running start now! I appreciate that cock has 'LEGS' and not two fat little stumps. This bird can get around and exercise, keeping himself in good physical condition. He should be able to breed a hen by holding her mouth shut with one foot and keeping balance with the other.
lau.gif

Some birds I've seen on this thread are great looking but are so short shanked, they're going to need a 'fluffer' to get any action.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
My best "cornish" right now is a Buckeye/Cornish cross- he will be a massive fellow, I think. I will breed him back to his mother next year, she's massive and I'm looking forward to those chicks. Unfortunately she's so blasted broody it will be tough to get lots of eggs.
I'm very pleased with that cross, lots of interesting variablility -between dreadful slab sided lightweights, and some very nice chicks as well- but I have some nice cockerels and pullets from that cross. Sometimes it pays to hatch too many chicks.

Too bad about the loss but you seem off to a running start now!  I appreciate that cock has 'LEGS' and not two fat little stumps.  This bird can get around and exercise, keeping himself in good physical condition. He should be able to breed a hen by holding her mouth shut with one foot and keeping balance with the other.:lau

Some birds I've seen on this thread are great looking but are so short shanked, they're going to need a 'fluffer' to get any action. :thumbsup

1f602.png

Yes most of the Cornish over here are the short type but we can thank the show scene for that
1f624.png

I'm breeding for the leggyer type and always will.
Also the batch he hatched from last year made 5lb in 16 weeks, I'm looking to improve on that as well if I can.

I'm just starting with some dark Cornish. I have three. Two are suppose to be females and one a male. They are only five weeks old. Usually I can tell the male from the female by this time with my others, but with these guys I can't tell which one is the male. Any suggestions on how to tell would be great.
1f60a.png

I'm just starting with some dark Cornish. I have three. Two are suppose to be females and one a male. They are only five weeks old. Usually I can tell the male from the female by this time with my others, but with these guys I can't tell which one is the male. Any suggestions on how to tell would be great.
1f60a.png

These are all cockerels. Do you have any pictures? We might be better able to make an educated guess.

Back
Top Bottom