Cornish Thread

Sorry Tammy your boy got himself killed... Cornish are on my wish list, I would get eggs but I can’t risk the boys, I got at least to try sex them first... not that I am an expert. I would totally get an incubator and order eggs from Fat Daddy... this spring I am going up the hill to the feedstore I know orders from Ideal, they had Cornish, not white ones last year... but maybe I can convince them people would like whites in CA too. Ideal sells several varieties, including whites.

I have 2 boys 1 hen but i can work with a pair for now its a good start
ill do pure breds with a roo then use the other roo for Cornis X d Brahma I even have 3 White rock hens

I have a pair of young White Cornish. Absolutely love them. I bought them from a friend that ordered the eggs from FD. Hoping to find more pullets one day. "Hummer" is a friendly and gentle rooster ."Mrs. Hummer" would rather not be handled. They have been breeding and I'm hoping to see an egg any day now. They are very heavy birds. I've always admired Cornish but never thought I would splurge so but... I thought to myself I've got Jersey Giants that I paid $50 a price for so why not get some Cornish? Problem is getting the breeder to sell. At first it was only the roo and took time to get a Pullet. I hope to multiply them and have meat and keep the best for future. I'm in NW FL if anybody is nearby that has any available .Only interested in white at this point. Learning as much as I can as always.

I have Pure white LF cornish eggs going into the incubator when the new one gets here . But where are you located Maybe i can introduce you to a more reputable breeder im pretty new to these birds .

Back
Top Bottom