Cornish Thread

I have, currently, a single Cornish hen I rescued after her previous owners could no longer keep her (as she was attacking small children, and bullying the other birds). She was horribly aggressive, and would go for any exposed skin in the beginning, so i worked with her a lot. Kept boots on at all times, made her sit down when she went for me, pecked her back, all the great stuff. Now she is a functioning member of our flock, and no longer has any of those behaviors! She's come a long way! Moral of the story, don't give up on a bad bird. :jumpy

Constance the Cornish:
P1150828.JPG

I have, currently, a single Cornish hen I rescued after her previous owners could no longer keep her (as she was attacking small children, and bullying the other birds). She was horribly aggressive, and would go for any exposed skin in the beginning, so i worked with her a lot. Kept boots on at all times, made her sit down when she went for me, pecked her back, all the great stuff. Now she is a functioning member of our flock, and no longer has any of those behaviors! She's come a long way! Moral of the story, don't give up on a bad bird. :jumpy

Constance the Cornish:
View attachment 1389724
Good job! You're a true chicken Mama!

Gotta read through the posts still but just curious, hatcheries seem to have dark or white laced red only. When it comes to genetics what would you get crossing the two? Since alot of us gotta play with hatchery stock.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom