Cornish X for Thanksgiving dinner

Slinkytoys

Songster
10 Years
Jun 22, 2009
Black Forest
Since there were only 3 of us for dinner, I didn't want to haul out one of my 25# turkeys-----so I cooked a Cornish X in the FlavorWave. Ohhhhh, YUM!! It was an 8.4 pounder which left us with plenty of leftovers for sandwiches and chicken salad. The carcass is on the stovetop in a pot of water to make some "fixins" for the dogs.
It was a good day.
smile.png

Carrie

Quote:
Please watch out for the long bones from the chicken carcass... one would then expect a HUGE Vet bill after the "fixins" mingle with the "inards".

I stuffed and roasted an 11 pound Cornish X for Thanksgiving. I like turkey, but I really like the chickens better. My chicken was bigger than my neighbor's turkey. I got a kick out of that.

How old were your 17 pounders? I think I might like to try for a few of those this year.

Oh, and I did not feed those chickens to give them a optimum life span and added health for long term. I cared for them and fed them well to feed my table and finished them off with corn to have nicepads of fat which I harvested and rendered for schmaltz.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom