Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I thought about putting a piece of plywood over it. It's an old sandbox fort (my coop and run is a renovated wooden playset) so it would be easy to lay a wooden floor over the edges. My concern with that is creating a haven for the friendly (NOT) neighborhood groundhog - or worse, rats! We're going to try gravel, next, I think. Sand wasn't enough and mulch brought in a nasty mold that cost me three of my beautiful boys - never again!
What kind of gravel? Nothing sharp, for fear of bumblefoot. I can get pea gravel fairly inexpensively, but how small? And what about crusher-run, like we use for driveways? Would that have anything toxic in it? I also had an idea of using natural wood discs - crosscuts from firewood. We have a fairly large downed tree that would make rounds about 8-12 inches. I thought about putting down a layer of those & filling in with sand or oyster shell - like pavers. It's a lot of work ... but until everything opens up again and the second wave runs through, I really don't have anywhere pressing to be ....
Crushed limestone works, but any gravel has big and little pieces. A medium driveway gravel (called AA last time I bought it) is great too.

Well, it appears one of my posts was removed for being "political". Is that because I said the govt is bumbling idiots not evil genuis? Only remotely political thing I remember saying.

That's absurd. I'm out of this area of BYC, I'll stick with impersonal bs in the other forums. Enjoy it without my "political" posts. And I won't miss such lameness.

Well, it appears one of my posts was removed for being "political". Is that because I said the govt is bumbling idiots not evil genuis? Only remotely political thing I remember saying.

That's absurd. I'm out of this area of BYC, I'll stick with impersonal bs in the other forums. Enjoy it without my "political" posts.
I think that they just didn't want to leave anything that could start a big fuss over politics, as politics is quite a controversial subject. No offense intended, I'm sure.

That definitely is true. I have lost a few pets the past few months and thats not including my meat birds (those are food not friends)
Yeah, I almost wish I hadn’t gotten into hatching and having so many chickens and stuff because I’ve definitely lost more.

I consider my birds pets as stupid as that sounds so it sucks. :(

But technically to most normal people the only true “pets” I’ve lost have been the bettas and to some even those aren’t pets haha

We also lost our dog about a year and a half ago now (December 2018) and that really sucked. 😭😭

Last year was pretty rough cause of it and some other things but now I’m getting over it.

I think that they just didn't want to leave anything that could start a big fuss over politics, as politics is quite a controversial subject. No offense intended, I'm sure.
Yeah exactly. It’s just their policy. Nothing personal. They can’t remove one political thing and leave another or pick and choose what is or isn’t.

If they didn't remove the controversial stuff, it'd be one big, ugly political debate site before you knew it....

Yeah, I almost wish I hadn’t gotten into hatching and having so many chickens and stuff because I’ve definitely lost more.

I consider my birds pets as stupid as that sounds so it sucks. :(

But technically to most normal people the only true “pets” I’ve lost have been the bettas and to some even those aren’t pets haha

We also lost our dog about a year and a half ago now (December 2018) and that really sucked. 😭😭

Last year was pretty rough cause of it and some other things but now I’m getting over it.
I consider my birds my pets, too -- I'd never willingly kill them, unless they turned violently nasty and hurt someone.

If they didn't remove the controversial stuff, it'd be one big, ugly political debate site before you knew it....

I consider my birds my pets, too -- I'd never willingly kill them, unless they turned violently nasty and hurt someone.
Yeah exactly!!!

And yeah me neither! It was awful when I had to kill that sick cockerel :hit

But he was suffering.

It doesn't matter whether the object of your affection is a horse, an elephant or a cockroach. What matters is how much your heart hurt hurts when that relationship ends. That pain is never silly, and nobody has any business judging you for it. ❤ We are made for love, not for death.
This is beautiful! Thank you. :love

Might need to get or borrow a dog too though. LGD maybe. :lau something to scare off the coyotes. Maybe need to borrow one of my brother’s dogs haha

I haven't had a coyote issue, but I do have raccoons. My dog recently lost a piece of her ear to one.

Dog --> Minus one piece of ear. Plus one rabies booster shot. Plus one whole package of smoked turkey. Plus lots and lots of praise.
Raccoon --> Minus one life.
Ducks and one chicken --> Safe and sound.

P.S. My pen is covered to protect from hawks and owls. Recently I re-covered one part. You should have seen the hawks circle when they saw the cover down!!! I've never seen so many at once. (The ducks were safely in a different pen for the day.)

Back
Top Bottom