Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

Quote:
never looked in to how much one bird eats a day lol sorry. As for the beef sure
smile.png

YUCKY, no, I didn't mean giving the birds spoiled cat food. I meant to have a mesh bag around it so the birds couldn't get to the cat food and the worms could fall out of the holes. Like... um... thin k of a tea ball.

My 8 baby quail took 5 days to go thru a gallon of feed , Im not shure if that tells you anything or not maybe you could devide a gallon by 8 then by 5 no idea I haven passed a math class scince 7th grade
wink.png

ok, ok, lol

how about how much feed 10 or 100 go through a day? a week? how long it takes to go through a 50# bag?

Quote:
You'll def need an incubator. coturnix rarely go broody

Quote:
lol dear for worms to get in teh bag the feed has to rot it would be pretty gross LOL. Flies lay eggs in smelly/moist areas....so it would take atleast a day for most flies to attract to it, then the maggots take something like a day to hatch...then they more than likely would take a while to bore ou tof the bag... the mmoist cat food would spoil with in a day.

Quote:
I have something like 70 some coturnix outside (varying ages).... they go through a 50lb bag in a little more than 2 weeks.

Very VERY usefull info, Thanks heaps for that
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom