could any one tell what sex these may be ?

alfs

In the Brooder
May 27, 2015
hi
I have hatched 4 chickens and wondering if anyone knows what sex they may be from these pictures, I know there only 1 week old say not expecting to many replies, thanks in advance

copper blue maran

cuckoo maran

wheatan marans

thanks again for any replies

thanks for replies , I thought they might be too young, just 3 of them keep jumping at each other & I do hope there not all roosters, at what age is best to tell do you think ? or wait to see if they try crowing.
thanks again

My baby chicks jump all over each other, all over momma, some of them even mock fight with the silkie rooster in the pen, and mine are sex links so I know some of them doing this are female
smile.png

Post around 5-6 weeks, that's usually the earliest you can get a reliable take on gender. Great pictures by the way!

thanks
will wait for around 5-6 weeks and then see if I notice any difference and maybe post more pics

hi
the 4 chickens i hatched are now 6 weeks old and wondering if anyone knows what sex they may be from these pictures, not expecting to many replies but thanks in advance

copper blue maran

cuckoo maran

wheatan marans

thanks again for any replies

I'm thinking the first three are pullets based on the round tipped feathers. I can't tell on the last Wheaten but suspect a cockerel.
But the Copper Blue Maran does have a lot of red to the comb and wattles so could turn out to be a cockerel.

Cockerel
Pullet
Pullet
Cockerel

Wheaten Marans are quite easy to sex early on; cockerels feather in dark, like you saw in the wing feathers of your last chick when you first posted. Pullets feather in a salmon colour.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom