Could this be a rooster?

😂 thank you to everyone. Y’all responded so quickly. Now my next question….. we have close to 40 hens…. That should be plenty for 2 roosters….. right? The two boys should be fine in the same coop….right? Hopefully…. 😆
Have they already met? If the younger one has grown up around the older one, the pecking order is learnt rather than them fighting. Of course, they may get in anyway, but it helps when the younger one has grown up in the presence of the adult.

Have they already met? If the younger one has grown up around the older one, the pecking order is learnt rather than them fighting. Of course, they may get in anyway, but it helps when the younger one has grown up in the presence of the adult.
Sort of.… we recently removed the older rooster because he was trying to mate with the younger hens, and we didn’t want him to kill them (We lost most of our flock to a dog attack and Purchased some more chicks back in October) So he’s been an indoor rooster for the last 2 weeks. but they were together for most of the new roosters life.…

That’s good to know. Really don’t want “game birds” associated with us and our property.
I wouldn’t worry about this. In the west, even though fighting is banned, we still call these breeds ‘game fowl’ (Old English game, Modern Game, American game, Malay game). It doesn’t mean we make them fight, that’s just what they were bred for. Like how pit bulls aren’t used for bull-baiting, or how Russian bear dogs don’t hunt bears anymore. They are just bred for show now, but we use the name to describe the characteristics.

I wouldn’t worry about this. In the west, even though fighting is banned, we still call these breeds ‘game fowl’ (Old English game, Modern Game, American game, Malay game). It doesn’t mean we make them fight, that’s just what they were bred for. Like how pit bulls aren’t used for bull-baiting, or how Russian bear dogs don’t hunt bears anymore. They are just bred for show now, but we use the name to describe the characteristics.
That makes a lot of sense and is really great information. I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom