Countdown to Baby Chicks 2023 edition

Do you have any pics of them?
20230526_094001.jpg

20230526_094011.jpg

Every one is good except one black Ameraucana. It slept with me last night. Like on my chest with me in the recliner. Been giving egg yoke and water every few hours. It has a hard time standing and walking. If I brace it from behind it will drink on its own.

Oh the one I'm doctoring I think has splayed legs. Treating with vet wrap. Still not eating solid food. Feeding drop by drop crumble water with yoke. I think its afraid to try because it might've fell face first into the water. It will try when I'm supporting its behind or have my hand over it.

She didn't make it through the night. I really think she aspirated water or something from falling into it before I caught the leg issues. So probably developed pneumonia. She had stuff in her nose. Everyone else is doing great though.

One week left! My chicks should be here by next Thur or Fri!

I have an 11 chick order from Mt Healthy and a 24 chick order from Ideal shipping on Wednesday. I have two friends who ordered with me, taking 20 between the two of them, and a third friend who is taking half of what I don’t keep. There will be 15 chicks and we are keeping 7 and they are taking the other 8 when they are ready to go outside (didn’t want to brood babies). We were originally only going to keep 5, but I’ve lost two birds this spring so 7 it is. If Mt Healthy sends an extra we will keep 8. Lol.

Sooo excited it has been such a long wait!

Back
Top Bottom