Crafters- What are you making???

Quote:
Thanks, Jen--they really aren't difficult--at least not the ones I do
lol.png
. My mother was Japanese and she had these awesome pattern books (which I couldn't read of course). She would tell me what to do and I would do it. Now that I have a little one again, I love making little things for him. He sleeps with ALL of them--
love.gif

Thank you and sure you will..just make one, that's all it takes and then the downhill spiral into addiction begins and you start to think about quilt blocks all the time, lol!!!! I am such a rookie, some of these ladies make the most gorgeous blocks I've eer seen, that's why the swapping is so great, you learn from each other plus the competition to do nice blocks forces you to step up your game each time, lol!! You could use some of those incredible Asian fabrics with the vivid colors and make some blocks that remind you of your mother's culture, fabrics are so beautiful now, nothing like ginghams and feedsacks anymore...course you can get that too in updated looks if thats your choice! Feel free to join the monthly swaps and get as crazy about it as the rest of us!! In the meantime though, those are cute critters!
wink.png

Cute stuff! Sorry I haven't checked in lately. I've been so busy with my saddles and diapers.
th.gif
Keeping up with those orders and getting them out ASAP. So many people are so happy with there saddles and diapers it really makes me happy.
Did make the daughter a blanket from flannel this week. She needed a big girl blankie.
wink.png

Quote:
I actually have some Japanese silk boxed up in the storage building somewhere--they were left overs from her making kimonos. I probably would never use them to quilt--definite dry clean only. BUT, I could probably find some similar print...hmmmmmm. Look at what you've done!!!! I don't even have a sewing machine and you've already got me thinking quilting
lau.gif

LOL!! Alot of us bought the Singer Quilter's Confidence machine off the home shopping network for 3 payments of 99.99..nice machine, I love it and today is my last payment, lol! Do google searches on crazy quilts..that's what you would use the silk on, they are "ornamental" quilts, decoration and dry clean only and STUNNING!!!! Handwork and or machine work and embellishments, I drool over them the silk's would be beautiful in those, they are typically smaller blocks with a them in each block..lots of info on line and so beautiful you will flip. Good luck
smile.png

Thanks for the thread, Scrambled. My dh says this forum is causing problems. I've got a pile of crochet hexagons on one corner of the desk, eggs resting on the other side, and now I'm doing a sewing machine search--
gig.gif
. I'm driving him crazy I think. I told him I'm just looking right now cause it would make a wonderful Christmas gift for me
love.gif
. Hopefully he will take the hint.

Back
Top Bottom