Crafters- What are you making???

I used three Ribbon Star blocks I had pieced by hand years ago and machine pieced some simple 9 patch ones to make a quilt top (baby quilt) in spring colors today. It's a nice change from all the dark and jewel tones I've been working with lately. Gotta change it up, right? Am going to bed. Will post a pic sometime tomorrow. It has 9 blocks, so is square. Have to figure out what to do without having to actually make more blocks....maybe a pieced border? Not sure. I sure am turning out the tops lately. Thanks to DH who takes up the slack with the chickens while I'm quilting.

I've started knitting a blanket... I may regret this as I normally only knit things I can finish a piece of in one day (usually cuddly toys, dolls, teddy bears etc) and haven't knitted for a couple of years!

Quote:
Semi-instant gratification is a good thing to me, too! I like baby quilts, lap quilts, wallhangings, table runners, etc. Bed quilts wear me out, but I do have two nice ones all for little ol' me. If I could turn them out faster, I could make a few measly $$$.

Finished a baby quilt top in spring colors. I had hand pieced the star blocks years ago (well, two of them-the other one was recently) and wanted to use them for a baby quilt; sure makes fast work of it when you can use a machine! Now, I just have to practice quilting with the machine so I can do this one since I already have several tops to quilt now.

DCP_5196.jpg

Back
Top Bottom