Crafters- What are you making???

Didn't that pear tree also make a bird house? It keeps on giving...with your help. I bet it made plenty of jelly too. The giving tree.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Actually we had 2 dear pear trees when we moved in. Took them down and seasoned quite a bit of the wood. So there is a LOT of wood to go around. We had a small bit of hickory... but we gave it to some people who needed wood for heat this winter.

P.s. - I love that book the Giving Tree... one of my favorites as a child!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I got an e-mail the other day from a friend of mine who has an art studio here in town, and the gallery where her studio is housed is holding a holiday art and craft sale. She knows I design and make jewelry, so I was asked if I wanted to participate. I had, like, 10 days notice. I have 22 pairs of earrings made and need 100. Gonna be a busy weekend for me!

So we're doing our craft sale next weekend & hopefully I'll be able to make a little extra chunk o'Christmas change!

This is probably off topic, but I saw this beautiful stencil while I was searching for chicken decor online. I'm thinking about getting it since we have 8 Plymouth Barred Rocks. I know it's a Dominique stencil, but it's the closest I could find and it's just adorable especially if you include the 4 chics. I thought maybe someone else might enjoy it too.

http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&op=listing&product_id=2342985

frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif

I have made some foot soak salts for my MIL and SIL (Epsom salt, sea salts, baking soda, herbs and some essential oils), I still need to make some bath salts for my Aunt.

I also paint, so I am painting some wooden coasters for my mother (I use acryllic water colors then seal with polyurethane), I am painting a wooden little mermaid wall hanging for my Niece and my Daughter, and I need to paint a birdhouse for my step-mom.

For the yarn gifts, I am crocheting a scarf for my other SIL like this one My Favorite Scarf to Make - (yes, I am "of whimsy and elegance", and this is a pic of a scarf I made for a friend), A & baby blanket for a friend.

Then my friend ordered a bracelet from me to make for her SIL. It will be similar to this bracelet I made for her, but she wanted me to use a blue stone instead of the rosequartz...

Ugh I better get to work! Lol. I have the foot soak salts, and the baby blanket done, the scarf will take maybe 2 hours to make, bracelet should only take 3 hours; but I still don't know how I want the pictures to look on the coasters and on the wall hangings yet!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom