~~Crazy 24hr Auction~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi from Ga. kimisfishing if you click your Ruby slippers together and wish hard enough you can find a good incubator for a few dollars. Then you can be like the rest of us HAPPILY CHICKEN POOR.
lau.gif

97415_100_0413.jpg

97415_100_0525.jpg

97415_100_0398.jpg

97415_100_0497.jpg

97415_100_0673.jpg

And on An on. from the head buzzard at" buzzardairline.com "

click click click There is nothing like an incubator There is nothing like an incubator There is nothing like an incubator
lau.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
D.gif
bow.gif
>ing to the incubator gods just to be safe...

Do you have a problem keeping the temperature with the hot water heater? I thought most of the thermostats were meant for a higher temperature then you would want in the incubator.

Quote:
I didn't use a thermostat but I do think I would rig one in for next time. Less of a hassle. From what I understand wafer thermostats work very well, are cheap, and will function as you would need the to in a an incubator.

Mrheinz, I have never seen IA Blues before, but he is certainly a pretty bird. May I ask what color of eggs they lay and how their temperament is?

Last edited:
I use wafer thermostats now but I see so many people talk about the hot water heater thermostats. The temperature setting on the hot water heaters seem too high, so I wondered if anyone was having problems with them.

Quote:
I didn't use a thermostat but I do think I would rig one in for next time. Less of a hassle. From what I understand wafer thermostats work very well, are cheap, and will function as you would need the to in a an incubator.

Mrheinz, I have never seen IA Blues before, but he is certainly a pretty bird. May I ask what color of eggs they lay and how their temperament is?

The Iowa Blue lay anywhere from a tinted egg to a light brown, almost similar to Sussex eggs. They are ideal for free range flocks. The roosters are very good to their flock. It is said they will take on a hawk and win. I bought my flock in July and they were skittish. Now if I walk in the coop the rooster comes to see what is going on and if I am bringing treats. The hens are getting better. They will go broody and make good moms. I haven't experienced this but I was told by others.
There is a group working on this breed to get them back to a true birchen color without mossiness. We also hope toi get them accepted into the SOP in the future.
Thanks for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom