~~Crazy 24hr Auction~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a shipment that while well packed couldn't hold up to the rough handling of the PO. There were 2 broken eggs and they leaked all over the other eggs. I washed the 10 surviving eggs in soapy warm water and set them anyway. I still got 3 chicks out of the shipment.

Quote: Eggs can be washed and hatched successfully. I had a broody hen break an egg and I washed all the gooey eggs. ALmost all hatched!! Sorry for the poor packing job. I would contact the seller and ask for a replacement; this is when the feedback system on BYC is helpful to future buyers, of course that's assuming and I could be wrong here, that this came from a BYC seller. Sorry for the mess.

Quote:
That is unacceptable and there is nothing wrong with your standards or expectations. You should make the name public so that person can be avoided. I know you probably want to be nice, but that is ridiculous.

That is unacceptable and there is nothing wrong with your standards or expectations. You should make the name public so that person can be avoided. I know you probably want to be nice, but that is ridiculous.
Those eggs do not look "free worthy" to me. I would write the seller and ask for better eggs and packaging. I hope the person that got those eggs did not buy them.

My Incubators are OVERFLOWING Egg Special - Buy It Now (PLEASE!!)

these can ship as early as this afternoon. No egg over two days old and will send freshest eggs possible depending on what my laying machines leave today.

Buff Orpington - $18 per dozen shipped

Silver Sebright - $20 per dozen shipped

I bubble wrap each egg individually and pack carefully. With that being said, I can not guarantee hatch rate but do guarantee that I check fertility with weekly hatches.

Shelly

Last edited:
I got a shipment of eggs that looked just like that last year. Would not set any of them. I was afraid of contaminating the whole batch I was setting. I would be ashamed to ship eggs that look like that.
sickbyc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom