~~Crazy 24hr Auction~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 6+ any extras of my Lavender & Lavender split Silkie hatching eggs on the BST.
$10 and shipping is $12
Will ship Monday morning if payment is made by then.
payment will go to [email protected]

Pics of parents are in my albums but I can't get them to load right onto BYC?? I do have pics of the offspring though

I'm going to have to change my shipping to $15 and if it ends up being cheaper I'll refund the money. I just left the post office and I had to pay $17 for shipping when I only charged $9 :/

I had a last min. order cancel, so I thought I would give this thread a try. Eggs will ship as soon as paypal payment is made. Up for auction is 18+ Greenfire Swedish Flower Hens hatching eggs. All my chickens have been selected because of their unique color patterns and personality. I will pay special attention in packing the eggs. I ship the freshest eggs possible and package them sufficiently with bubble wrap. $15 for shipping, bidding starts at $15 (I have crested and non-crested mixed together.) Most people have been hatching at least 50% crested. Auction ends tomorrow at 9:03am.
NICE! (must leave incubator(s) turned off....)
he.gif

I'm going to have to change my shipping to $15 and if it ends up being cheaper I'll refund the money. I just left the post office and I had to pay $17 for shipping when I only charged $9 :/
WOW... how many dozen did you send?

i double box as often as i can, plenty of peanuts etc, and only once have i had shipping (for 12-18 eggs) be more than $12... and that was going to alaska from VA.

and if you're using the flat rate boxes, they are more expensive than the same priority mail (non-flat rate)... they're only useful for shipping heavy stuff like books.

WOW... how many dozen did you send?

i double box as often as i can, plenty of peanuts etc, and only once have i had shipping (for 12-18 eggs) be more than $12... and that was going to alaska from VA.

and if you're using the flat rate boxes, they are more expensive than the same priority mail (non-flat rate)... they're only useful for shipping heavy stuff like books.

I only sent 8 of them but it cost me $16.96 to ship them to LA MESA, CA. On the reciept it says "zone 8" after the zip code. The other eggs I sent didn't have that on the receipt. Not sure why it cost so much and I even questioned the PO about it. She just said because I was sending it to LA MESA, CA. I was like Holy Cow!!!
th.gif

I used regular priority box. I've never heard of it being so much before?!?!

1. If you can, buy your postage online and print your stickers there. Its at least 15% cheaper. click and ship. stamps.com, I'm sure there are other places, that do that too.
2. if you send out light packages, like kiforgot said, invest in a scale to see if its cheaper to send stuff flat rate or prepaid. It can vary. A lot depends on the size ( not weight) of the box you use.
3. Look into regional rate boxes for flat rate especially if you hate scales.

I'm not telling you in ANY way to not change your shipping costs. I know there is more costs to shipping then just the postage. But I hate to see people overpay on shipping. If I know it would cost $9.00 to send a box and I see people paid $15, I get sad. Blame a history in retail....

Thanks for the info. What I'll do is say that shipping could vary depending on state or whatever. If I overcharge I ALWAYS ALWAYS refund the overages. I just don't want to get stuck paying like this again. I used the same exact box and the weight was a difference of .10 oz. One was going to IN, and the other to CA. Big difference! I basically sent those eggs for free :( but its my fault.

Quote:
1. If you can, buy your postage online and print your stickers there. Its at least 15% cheaper. click and ship. stamps.com, I'm sure there are other places, that do that too.
2. if you send out light packages, like kiforgot said, invest in a scale to see if its cheaper to send stuff flat rate or prepaid. It can vary. A lot depends on the size ( not weight) of the box you use.
3. Look into regional rate boxes for flat rate especially if you hate scales.

I'm not telling you in ANY way to not change your shipping costs. I know there is more costs to shipping then just the postage. But I hate to see people overpay on shipping. If I know it would cost $9.00 to send a box and I see people paid $15, I get sad. Blame a history in retail....
good points regarding shipping costs. i do all mine on usps.com with click n ship...

BUT! there are more than just the shipping costs involved when sending out eggs. packaging material for one, and distance travelled for two... I live 15 miles from the nearest post office, so that's going to cost me over 2 gallons of gas ($3.50-$4/gallon) every time i want to mail something out (only vehicle is a truck...). and because my driveway is over half mile long, and usps won't drive up it (no delivery or pick-up). so if i charge $15 for shipping, when actual postal charge is $9, i'm still losing something somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom